How to check on the status??

For investments as large as yours, I don't think I'd be able to resist calling and at least checking when it went pending.

Here is something even more crazy: That FNC I bought, it arrived about a 2 months ago but I cant even even start on the paper work untill whatever someone fubr'd on the paper work gets fixed.

My NFA dealer sent out a correction letter to the feds about a month ago. It wasnt untill yesterday that I called the NFA dealer I bought the gun from in MD. I thought it was the MD guys that fubr'd the paper work for out of state transfer (form 1?) but infact it was nothing they did. I had the MD guys call my local NFA dealer to figure out what is wrong, and to call me back. The MD guys called me back 10min later and said:

There was a discrepancy in the paper work when the MG was put originally assembled and registered in the 80s. What happend was, my fnc was a sear gun like all others and has two things registered on the paper work. The sear's Ser# and the rifle's Ser#. The two parts were then inturn married together. MD guy said the reason they were married was because then you would only have to pay one tax as a MG. Otherwise, with my FNC being a Para version which is a SBR, I would have to pay two taxes. One for MG one for SBR. Being married however allows the MG status to trump everything else.

That being said, 25years ago, when the fnc was assembled and married, one of the Feds doing the marriage paper work made a mistake. Out of the 10 or so diget Serial number on the gun, the first letter was an "S" followed by numbers. The paper work however states all numbers, while starting with a "5". I will say I am glad the discrepancy is with the host and not the sear. Worst case scenario is I have them devorced lol, and pay $400 in stamps.

I guess I got the short end of the stick when it comes to wait times. Heck, those two suppressors I was talking about that I sent paper work for in August. I bought them in Febuary! What I didnt know when I purchased them was Gemtech was out of stock. So it took them 4-5months to MFG, Have them registered with the feds, then transfer for from out of state. I got them in may or june, but was had such a busy schedual, that I couldnt get LEO sign off untill 2 months later in August. So thats like 12 months from the date of purchase!

Feeling like days were flying by, from dinking non stop, I quit after 12yrs of heavy drinking in July. Boy did the days slow down. Life took for ever...which is not good when you are waiting for something. Instead of getting sloshed every night, what I did to help pass time was buy materialistic things to keep me happy and help pass time. I within the past 6 months of sobriety Ive spent sooo much money for toys to fill the void, like 80-90k worth. 25k worth of nfa items, 15k in non nfa items, 20k motorcyle, 15k in go fast goodies for my car etc..

I make good money, but not 160k+ for toys a year kind of money. I would go broke living that lifestyle. But in my 6months of sobriety it helped pass time and it kept me happy. Then about 2 weeks ago I decided to rather be a happy drunk that dies young, so I bought me some wife beater juice. Life has hit fast forward once again. Ill get all these NFA items before I know it.

But yeah, what started as a quick responces ended in more of an intervention. lol

Here is something even more crazy: That FNC I bought, it arrived about a 2 months ago but I cant even even start on the paper work untill whatever someone fubr'd on the paper work gets fixed.

My NFA dealer sent out a correction letter to the feds about a month ago. It wasnt untill yesterday that I called the NFA dealer I bought the gun from in MD. I thought it was the MD guys that fubr'd the paper work for out of state transfer (form 1?) but infact it was nothing they did. I had the MD guys call my local NFA dealer to figure out what is wrong, and to call me back. The MD guys called me back 10min later and said:

There was a discrepancy in the paper work when the MG was put originally assembled and registered in the 80s. What happend was, my fnc was a sear gun like all others and has two things registered on the paper work. The sear's Ser# and the rifle's Ser#. The two parts were then inturn married together. MD guy said the reason they were married was because then you would only have to pay one tax as a MG. Otherwise, with my FNC being a Para version which is a SBR, I would have to pay two taxes. One for MG one for SBR. Being married however allows the MG status to trump everything else.

That being said, 25years ago, when the fnc was assembled and married, one of the Feds doing the marriage paper work made a mistake. Out of the 10 or so diget Serial number on the gun, the first letter was an "S" followed by numbers. The paper work however states all numbers, while starting with a "5". I will say I am glad the discrepancy is with the host and not the sear. Worst case scenario is I have them devorced lol, and pay $400 in stamps.

I guess I got the short end of the stick when it comes to wait times. Heck, those two suppressors I was talking about that I sent paper work for in August. I bought them in Febuary! What I didnt know when I purchased them was Gemtech was out of stock. So it took them 4-5months to MFG, Have them registered with the feds, then transfer for from out of state. I got them in may or june, but was had such a busy schedual, that I couldnt get LEO sign off untill 2 months later in August. So thats like 12 months from the date of purchase!

Feeling like days were flying by, from dinking non stop, I quit after 12yrs of heavy drinking in July. Boy did the days slow down. Life took for ever...which is not good when you are waiting for something. Instead of getting sloshed every night, what I did to help pass time was buy materialistic things to keep me happy and help pass time. I within the past 6 months of sobriety Ive spent sooo much money for toys to fill the void, like 80-90k worth. 25k worth of nfa items, 15k in non nfa items, 20k motorcyle, 15k in go fast goodies for my car etc..

I make good money, but not 160k+ for toys a year kind of money. I would go broke living that lifestyle. But in my 6months of sobriety it helped pass time and it kept me happy. Then about 2 weeks ago I decided to rather be a happy drunk that dies young, so I bought me some wife beater juice. Life has hit fast forward once again. Ill get all these NFA items before I know it.

But yeah, what started as a quick responces ended in more of an intervention. lol

i know how you feel! Waiting does suck but it's the thing of making the time pass as you wait! My motorcycle is my other expensive hobby. But after the bike was finished, I needed something else to work on. And cold beer while working on hobbies is always a plus! Haha. I should be getting my next two stamps in April or May. But I'm sure I'll be sending off for other stamps by the time I get my next two in lol. Toys toys and more toys! That's the nice thing about being single! Haha

Back
Top Bottom