• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Humbling , my fitness level

Sheesh I landed in Mexico City (late) had to run or try to make my connection today.
dragging a bag and back pack, wearing an N 95 mask (mask required on planes and in airport in Mexico) I thought that I may die trying to catch the plane.
i made it to gate 55 as they were calling final boarding.

Now I remain humbled as I need o get into better condition, but I realized that the report I at 7343 ‘ MSL

i Don’t want to do it again
I'm about to re-enter the "workforce" and I'm not even going to consider a job that requires frequent air travel....

My fitness level is much better now (at 56) than when I worked and traveled (to the U.K., Germany and Brazil) but I've decided I'm not going to put that stress on my body anymore.

Turned 76 in July. Vietnam was not good to me. Both knees replaced, both shoulders replaced, metal plate in neck, still have shrapnel in left arm, bad dreams. However, was blessed with 6 grandchildren and they keep me "young". Can do most everything that I have always been able to do, just a lot slower. Blessed, and, don't deserve it, but thankful that I am..

Turned 76 in July. Vietnam was not good to me. Both knees replaced, both shoulders replaced, metal plate in neck, still have shrapnel in left arm, bad dreams. However, was blessed with 6 grandchildren and they keep me "young". Can do most everything that I have always been able to do, just a lot slower. Blessed, and, don't deserve it, but thankful that I am..
Same boat as you brother.Welcome home.

1668049447088.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom