• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

humvee for me!!!

check this out! http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips#prows=100&m=AM+General&c=3468&sm=0
The initial results are in, and demand, according to Fox News, has far exceeded expectations. In total, 1,100 Humvees (topping out at $41,000) have been sold to the public and there are thousands more on the way, seen here at GovPlanet.com. This time, however, they won’t be restricted only to private off-road usage; these army-spec Humvees will be capable of being approved for street legal use as well.

Each Humvee, including ones that have already been sold and delivered, will receive a GSA form SF97-1, which effectively allows the buyer to request a title for the vehicle. After collecting that title, getting the machine on the streets will still not be easy, especially if you live in a state like California with strict emission regulations. While in service, original military Humvees were exempt from smog laws, and because these trucks don’t technically have model years, according to Fox News, the various states may struggle to ascribe the correct smog designation or offer the modifications needed to pass the emissions testing.

None of these can be driven on the road

Last edited:
None of these can gee driven on the road
Yes they can be, legally.
It would cost about $600/year and here's how you do it:
1. Buy it
2. Get insurance
3. Fly to Maine with bill of sale and insurance paperwork and register it (Maine allows non-resident registration)
Done.

Yes they can be, legally.
It would cost about $600/year and here's how you do it:
1. Buy it
2. Get insurance
3. Fly to Maine with bill of sale and insurance paperwork and register it (Maine allows non-resident registration)
Done.

Then there's that whole "Sold for off road use agreement" that came with the auction. Yes that's debatable. But that, coupled with the fact they do not meet NHTSA or EPA standards. Gives the government a trifecta of trump cards to pull any finagled titles they desire.

Then there's that whole "Sold for off road use agreement" that came with the auction. Yes that's debatable. But that, coupled with the fact they do not meet NHTSA or EPA standards. Gives the government a trifecta of trump cards to pull any finagled titles they desire.

You just gotta love the way the govt "sells" you stuff you don't really own.

I bet they will eventually get all their cool toys back.

Used to be that you could buy surplus military aircraft-not so much anymore. At least not from our govt.

They always get to keep the cool toys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-06-10-11-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-06-10-11-49.png
    275.7 KB · Views: 23
Nope, that's a MK48, mine is a custom job, notice mine is only a 6x6, not a 8x8. The MK48 LVS/PVS platform is a neat setup though.

Back
Top Bottom