• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HVAC help

Eggmanmja01

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Though I Be The Lone Survivor! RLTW
283   0
Reaction score
No question is a stupid question

I had my a/c units replaced before the summer by a licensed hvac contractor. A/C works great! I went into the attic to replace the filter, and these pics are the results.

20211018_115218.jpg
20211018_115230.jpg
20211018_115250.jpg
20211018_115256.jpg
20211018_115307.jpg

Where do I replace the filters? Am I just lost or what? I sent the company a text and am awaiting a response.

No question is a stupid question

I had my a/c units replaced before the summer by a licensed hvac contractor. A/C works great! I went into the attic to replace the filter, and these pics are the results.

View attachment 3599280View attachment 3599281View attachment 3599282View attachment 3599283View attachment 3599284

Where do I replace the filters? Am I just lost or what? I sent the company a text and am awaiting a response.
Your licensed HVAC technician just didn't want to rebuild the distribution box and decided to just tape everything up. The one thing I'd say about it is that I'd be stunned if that installation was ever inspected and passed by the county....

Definitely he is not a professional. You may need someone to take a look on everything, seal holes, insulate line set, reroute PVC drains(the way he did is against the Georgia code), and maybe install a filter rack. in your case, open both front door/cover, some furnace has a metal spring that hold the filter on the inside.

Definitely he is not a professional. You may need someone to take a look on everything, seal holes, insulate line set, reroute PVC drains(the way it he did is against the Georgia code), and maybe install a filter rack. in your case, open both front door/cover, some furnace has a metal spring that hold the filter on the inside.
When I see stuff like that I automatically mentally utter these words in my head, "Jack Leg."

Definitely he is not a professional. You may need someone to take a look on everything, seal holes, insulate line set, reroute PVC drains(the way it he did is against the Georgia code), and maybe install a filter rack. in your case, open both front door/cover, some furnace has a metal spring that hold the filter on the inside.
I’m Atleast hoping they installed filter grille return

Check for filter in your return grille in the living area.
The problem with putting a filter on the return(s) is that there usually is always more than one. Sometimes one in each room somewhere there is a supply vent. Who in their right mind wants to go throughout the whole house to replace a dozen return filters every couple/three months?

Back
Top Bottom