• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hydro-drip Services

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
Hey guys, updating by data base, this does not come across me too often but is does occasionally.
Looking for Hydro Dip close to me (Duluth) I now how to do the "homemade" stuff but occasionally someone wants a "factory" Mossy Oak or the like.
Who does GREAT service with decent turn around near me. Thanks In advance!

Having recently completed a hydrodip on a wood stock, a few comments for consideration.

Its paint and a soft paint at that. As such, it comes off easily. 2 hunting trips and I already have chips and scratches with normal handling. Most wood finishes are materially more durable.

There will be at least 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of base color and 2 coats of clear. Thats a lot of buildup in thickness. Where metal parts are concerned, its like Ceracoat and the other toppers, screw/pin holes and tight wood to metal fit (e.g glass beded lug, tang to stock, etc) can be compromised if not carefully done. And, like the ceracoats/other, the metal will need to have some tooth (sanded/bead blasted) for best stick. In the end, it won't be as durable as the ceracoats/other.

On the positive side, its pretty.

For myself, I'd not have another hydrodipped.

Back
Top Bottom