• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I couldn't stay gone long. FN49.

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
So since June ive unloaded about 15 C&R guns. I unloaded ones that I thought I could get again easily and ones with odd-ball calibers that were too hard to shoot.

I kept the ones that would be harder to replace and my favorites. I kept the following:

Soviet SVT40
Swedish AG42B
French MAS 49/56
UAR Rasheed
Longbranch Enfield No 4 Mark 1
German Gewehr 43
IHC M1 Garand

Since June my family has been able to unload a lot of debt in our goal to be debt-free (except for our home) ala Dave Ramsey. We are about 2/3 of the way done and expect to be there in the Fall. My wife told me we have made such great progress that I should get a C&R rifle for my birthday....so I couldn't resist.

I found an Egyptian FN49 on gunbroker that I was able to win last night. Ive wanted an FN49 for a long time and i put in a low bid and still was able to win it. I looked at a Luxembourg FN49 but couldnt get the price down where I wanted it. Any other FN49 owners out there care to share some thoughts?

Congrats man! That Dave Ramsey aproach changed our lives. Can afford milsurps with a clear conscience now.

I loved my fn49, what a beast. Mine loved that yugo brass cased surplus ammo better than new production ppu

I ended up selling my Egyptian 8mm when I got a Luxembourg 49 in 30-06. Thought that would be it till I snagged an Argentine conversion to 7.62 Nato w 20 round detachable mags.

Great rifles.

Almost had an Argentine at a gun show years ago. A freaking nice one too! Wasn't planning ahead and between me and my Dad we were $100 short of getting it. Had been looking for a nice one for a while and had to walk away. Very elegant battle rifle in my opinion.

I have an Egyptian with the Century replacement stock, not as nice as your original. But the rifle, is a shooter, and fun. Congrats on your score, as well as being debt free!
I ended up closing my adj. gas port to minimum, and it still ejects forcefully. I bought replacement rear sight leaf and front blades from numrich, so I can adjust my rear sight to the base position (100m?), and be sighted in around 50-100 yds. With the tallest front sight available, I can file down as necessary and cold blue it.
Dan

Back
Top Bottom