I don’t like to ask for myself, but I could use a prayer if you have a spare.

Just a quick update, I got a call yesterday from my cardiologist's office about the stress test. Doc said all looked unchanged from the last one just over one year ago. So good news on that. He did prescribe a diuretic to help remove the fluid from my lungs and around my heart so that seems to be helping with being short of breath. He also strongly recommended that I get out of the building I've been working in for last ten years because of the black mold problem there. So it looks like I may be retiring completely or maybe changing part time jobs shortly. Anyway, thanks again for all the support! You folks are the best!!

Amen, another prayer answered

Praying for you, PoppaMike.
For what it's worth, my dad had a mild heart attack at age 55, underwent quadruple bypass surgery within weeks, but some heart tissue had already died from lack of oxygen.
After the surgery he went 20 more years before getting weak, short of breath too easily, and being formally diagnosed with C.H.F.
He lived a good lifestyle in retirement with heart failure for 18 MORE years after that, before it got really bad. He passed away at age 93, which was 38 years after his heart condition was first found.

Modern medicine has advanced even more these days, so I'm praying you have decades more good quality life ahead of you.

Back
Top Bottom