• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I finally got smart.

Hell yeah.
Paid off my first house in five years.
Paid off the second house in ten years with six kids.
My neighbor who lived there for 30 years before I moved in still hasn’t paid if his house.
He almost had a heart attack when I told him I am totally debt free, everything paid off.
He asked me how I did it.

I said “Well, no offense to you but you refinance your house every time you buy a new set of cars every couple years.

I drive old pieces of crap that are easy to work on and way less expensive and problematic.
I do all my own repairs and rarely pay anyone to do any type of work on my vehicles or my home.
I pay on my principal and then some until my debt clock goes to zero.

The dude just shakes his head in disbelief….then I tell him “Don’t worry ….the government hates guys like me and they try to punish us at every turn.”
Yep, that's about the size of it. More power to you doing that with six kids to boot. That just goes to show everyone there are few excuses

You never know how good not owing feels till you get there. Yup, my vehicles are not knew and neither are my tractors or any of my toys. But, I don’t owe nothing but taxes every year.
Nice thing not trying to keep up with the Joneses. You might not have what you want, but you have what you need

I do understand the value in not having a mortgage. However I knew what the ‘weekend at Bernies’ presidency was going to do to our economy before they did it. I could have paid cash for my new home and paid off my old house entirely. Instead I refinanced my old house for 15 years @ 2.5% and put 20% down in cash on the new one at financed it for 30 years @ 2.75%.

This country is headed down the road to hyperinflation. The politicians refer to it as inflation, like it’s magical and they refuse to own responsibility for overspending trillions of dollars. Printing money every year devalues every other dollar out there and owning guns, gold, silver, diamonds, or a home/land is a physical good that is going to hold real value as the dollar shrinks and becomes more and more worthless.

Trump overspent in 4 years just as much as Obama did in 8 years, and Biden spent far more than Trump in less time. Overspending/printing money is the path to hyperinflation.

If you purchased a 100k house in 1960 with a 30 year mortgage when gold was $40 an ounce. That $200 monthly payment looks really f-ing sweet in 1990 when the home value has skyrocketed to a million dollars and gold has gone to $384.

An ounce of gold is always worth an ounce of gold. The number of dollars it takes to buy that ounce of gold reflects the monetization of the debt. Today spot gold is $2,031.60

Back
Top Bottom