• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I got my first Dillon Press today!!!!!

Buckeye76

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
I swore I wasn't going to buy any more stuff for the rest of the year, but oh well!

I picked up a Dillon RL 550B today. Can't wait to try it out. Only problem is, my work budget is due at the end of next week, so it most likely will sit in the box for a few weeks. :(

Just want to give a shout out to member mrdrhumphreys. Great guy to work with. If you are looking for some Dillon presses and other stuff, look him up. Fair prices and he went way out of his way to get me the press.

Now, I just have to sell a couple of my other presses to justify my spending! :D

You have now purchased the finest press we have ever purchased, had all the rest. Dillon, has the very best factory warranty around. Had mine almost 30 years.

Hope you enjoy your press, as much as we have, are, hope to more in the future.

Finished getting it set up last night. About to go home and try it out. Have my dies already set, just have to tune the powder measure.

I did not realize it wasn't auto-indexing, but I figure it will just grow on me as a part of the process.

It has already crossed my mind. :D Really has a nice smooth action and I like the powder coat.

Have to sell my 2 Lee Pro 1000's before I get another though, or I'll be in trouble.

Love my 550.... I said I was fine with my single stage setup- but I'll never go back for high volume pistol ammo. I can see sticking with the single stage for low volume runs on rifle ammo, but I've never seen anything work as well as a Dillon for volume, repeatability, and ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom