I hate the fourth of July. (correction) I don't hate independence day I just hate explosions.

Are you people insane?
On Independence Day a guy posts he hates the Fourth of July and says it's a holiday for children?

And you think I am being disrespectful???
How about the OP being disrespectful to every single American who is celebrating this holiday in the normal historical way that has always been done
for ten + generations???

YES YOU ARE DISRESPECTFUL. Op is a combat veteran and you're a keyboard commando. Go hate somewhere else.

Oh, so combat veterans don't like Fourth of July?

Okay..... if you say so.

If you think this post is disrespectful to vets,
you're no better than the lib-tards who say sports teams' names like "Braves" are disrespectful, or that Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben are offensive.
If not really that stupid, then you're disingenuous and just looking for an opportunity to say to the world "hey look at me -I'm virtue signaling!!"

Are you people insane?
On Independence Day a guy posts he hates the Fourth of July and says it's a holiday for children?

And you think I am being disrespectful???
How about the OP being disrespectful to every single American who is celebrating this holiday in the normal historical way that has always been done
for ten + generations???

vet here...did 3 deployments, route clearance, messed with explosives my whole time. Blown up several times. Now that I got my “street cred” out of the way....

I agree with GAgunLawbooklet on this one. I get jumpy with fireworks but that doesn’t mean I get to **** on others who are enjoying the holiday. I personally don’t want to be remembered as the grumpy old vet, or the don’t talk to grandpa about AFG guy. I’ll leave you with this...I’m saying this on the general topic and not as a direct attack to the OP. He’s allowed to feel however he wants, just don’t use those feelings to negatively impact others. So here it goes:

1) 4th of July is for all Americans. Veterans aren't a privileged class. You don’t owe us anything.
2) the difference between car bombs and fireworks is pretty noticeable.
3) it's fourth of July. fireworks are predictable. Explosions in Afghanistan are not.

Anybody that hates fireworks on Independence Day has 364 days to plan ahead of time. Just a thought. Not trying to be a jerk, it's a centuries long tradition and it's not going anywhere. Best place I can think of for somebody who can't stand fireworks is a prominent equestrian community, they usually have enough influence over the local gov to enact ordinances prohibiting fireworks from being lit to protect the horses.
That being said I offer my sympathies, OP. I can't image what PTSD is like to go through.

I get it. Some **** you go through never leaves you. You dream about it constantly and it keeps you from sleeping good. Then your instincts kick in and your up and acting out before you even realize it. These random explosions and bright flashes don't help at all.

These folks around me love their fireworks. I live by a lake where they have a fireworks show several times a year. The big fireworks are being launched a hundred or so yards from my house. Rattles the windows. If I go outside to smoke you can really feel it.

GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet I probably came off the wrong way with the its for kids comment so my apologies.

Didnt see anybody get **** on...ALL HE SAID WAS H ED HATED IT(THE RANDOM POPS AND LOUD NOISES)

nope but his post already influenced you guys to “protect vets” and react negatively to differing viewpoints. So yes the ****ting on has already begun. Me, personally, as a veteran, no one owes me anything. No needs to change their behavior for me or any other vet out there.

vet here...did 3 deployments, route clearance, messed with explosives my whole time. Blown up several times. Now that I got my “street cred” out of the way....

I agree with GAgunLawbooklet on this one. I get jumpy with fireworks but that doesn’t mean I get to **** on others who are enjoying the holiday. I personally don’t want to be remembered as the grumpy old vet, or the don’t talk to grandpa about AFG guy. I’ll leave you with this...I’m saying this on the general topic and not as a direct attack to the OP. He’s allowed to feel however he wants, just don’t use those feelings to negatively impact others. So here it goes:

1) 4th of July is for all Americans. Veterans aren't a privileged class. You don’t owe us anything.
2) the difference between car bombs and fireworks is pretty noticeable.
3) it's fourth of July. fireworks are predictable. Explosions in Afghanistan are not.
I didn't intend to "shyt on others" I may have come off the wrong way or have what I said be interpreted in that way though. I meant it just wasn't for me. I do think kids and some people enjoy it more than I do.

These folks around me love their fireworks. I live by a lake where they have a fireworks show several times a year. The big fireworks are being launched a hundred or so yards from my house. Rattles the windows. If I go outside to smoke you can really feel it.

GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet I probably came off the wrong way with the its for kids comment so my apologies.

Takes a big man to apologize. Thanks.

nope but his post already influenced you guys to “protect vets” and react negatively to differing viewpoints. So yes the ****ting on has already begun. Me, personally, as a veteran, no one owes me anything. No needs to change their behavior for me or any other vet out there.
I don't think anyone owes me anything. I do however think the fourth of July sucks ass.

Back
Top Bottom