I hate the fourth of July. (correction) I don't hate independence day I just hate explosions.

I didn't intend to "shyt on others" I may have come off the wrong way or have what I said be interpreted in that way though. I meant it just wasn't for me. I do think kids and some people enjoy it more than I do.

yeah thanks for the clarification. I just have buddies who have taken the veteran thing a little too far. Thought that’s where you were going with that.

I get where you were coming from Bypass. One of our deacons at church had a uncle that was one of Merril's Maurders (sp) and the deacon said that when they set off fireworks without him expecting it he had a similar reaction.

Funny though. This year I'm not as jumpy as I have been in years past. Maybe it is passing. The being woke up in he dark by an explosion really got me though and I was tripping balls trying to find my weapon there for a few seconds in the dark.

I get where you were coming from Bypass. One of our deacons at church had a uncle that was one of Merril's Maurders (sp) and the deacon said that when they set off fireworks without him expecting it he had a similar reaction.
Damn. Merrills Marauders. Much respect for that man.

He was a fine Christian man. My parents have a china cabinet he made for them. His nephew ( a deacon in our church) didn't even know he was in such a distinguished unit until the funeral home looked up his military record. He never talked about his time in the war when I was around him, just quietly served as a deacon in his home church.

He was a fine Christian man. My parents have a china cabinet he made for them. His nephew ( a deacon in our church) didn't even know he was in such a distinguished unit until the funeral home looked up his military record. He never talked about his time in the war when I was around him, just quietly served as a deacon in his home church.
Very awesome. In these days of the interwebs I find I have a beer or two and talk to people like they're my friends which on the internet isn't always the case. But I find myself sharing more than I should and I generally regret it afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom