• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have noticed...

that whenever I put Rid-X in my septic system, the grass on top of my septic tank turns brown.
When I put in a homemade mix of corn meal, sugar, and yeast, the grass turns green. Anyone else experience anything like this?
What you put in your toilet has no affect to the grass on top of your septic tank. The grass may change colors at or near the bleeder lines when liquid fertilizer seeps into the ground but nothing seeps out on top of the septic tank. Depending on how deep your tank lid is, the grass above it may turn brown due to the concrete directly below it which doesn’t allow the dirt to store enough water as the rest of the yard.

What you put in your toilet has no affect to the grass on top of your septic tank. The grass may change colors at or near the bleeder lines when liquid fertilizer seeps into the ground but nothing seeps out on top of the septic tank. Depending on how deep your tank lid is, the grass above it may turn brown due to the concrete directly below it which doesn’t allow the dirt to store enough water as the rest of the yard.
Maybe it is not a tank but some sort of “latrine”…:noidea:

Good observation. I didn't consider the concrete.

Back
Top Bottom