• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have to quit smoking to have spinal fusion surgery

Good news I have not smoked or had any nicotine for 7 days.
I have officially quit smoking.
Excellent. Stay the course. Most former smokers will tell you it’s hands down one of the hardest things they’ve had to do. Statistically, smokers try to quit seven times before they’re successful.

I also had to quit smoking cold turkeyrs for my 2nd 2 level cervical fusion. My neck did not fuse after my first surgery. What sucks that it's not just smoking it's all nicotine including gum, patches, and vaping. My fusion was successful after my second surgery but I still have severe neck issues. I just got on disability.

Make sure he addresses any bone spurs as well. I also hope your doctor is not dr. silc@x.

I also had to quit smoking cold turkeyrs for my 2nd 2 level cervical fusion. My neck did not fuse 6thit's not just smoking it's all nicotine including gum, patches, and vaping. My Fusion was successful after my second surgery but I still have severe neck issues. I just got on disability.

Make sure he addresses any bone spurs as well. I also hope your doctor is not dr. silc@x.
Yeah that man is a real POS hope to God we cross paths again one day!
Sat right there and told me and my wife, that there was nothing wrong with me. Accept I was addicted to pain meds and if anyone done surgery on me they was doing it for the money. Well I live pain free today big Thanks to Max Stuerr. Can’t say the same for silacock if I ever see that bastard!

I also had to quit smoking cold turkeyrs for my 2nd 2 level cervical fusion. My neck did not fuse after my first surgery. What sucks that it's not just smoking it's all nicotine including gum, patches, and vaping. My fusion was successful after my second surgery but I still have severe neck issues. I just got on disability.

I am glad the second one healed well. I have a Dr on the south side, he did my lamenectomies 10 years ago and I do trust him.
I quit it all cold turkey as well and I am good to go its been almost 4 weeks since I quit.
I go see my surgeon this Tuesday to figure out the exact procedure and schedule the date.

Back
Top Bottom