I just have to write down how I see it. Not emotion, logical thought.

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
Our system is broken…put yourself in a teacher's shoes for just a minute. You work in a safe, gun-free zone, but you suddenly hear shouting and gunshots down the hall. You follow the drill, hide your children best you can and lock your door, putting black paper over your window…hoping to be overlooked. Next you do what anyone would do, you call 911. You plead for them to bring everyone they have, as fast as they can. You don't hope for tear gas, TASERs or megaphones. You want them to bring guns. You need them NOW. They tell you that they are coming and are only minutes away, but you hear the thunderous booming getting closer to your door by the second. You think franticly to yourself…if only I had the right to bear arms, here…now.

The right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED…how differently would this scenario play out if they had not had this right stripped away from them? I have heard many lately say that this is not the solution, that more guns are not the answer. If your search your heart, putting yourself in the position of a school employee, you have to see that this would have been the one, single, immediate change that could have likely saved so many lives last Friday.

Before you dismiss me as just some nut, you should know…I come from a long line of teachers…grandparents, parents, my sister, sister-in-law and my wife is a teacher…in Kindergarten. I work defenseless every day in a school myself. My children attend that same school. I feel it. I live it. The fear is gripping, the dangers real.

We will NEVER be able to predict, control or fully regulate the madmen in our society. They are just that, madmen who follow no laws. We CAN restore the rights of the rest of our citizens to better defend themselves.

I hope to never again hear that an incredibly brave individual had to charge an armed madman equipped with nothing but office supplies. God bless that brave Principal for doing everything she could with all WE had allowed her to possess. God bless her. Shame on us that we left her no better options.

Why don't we take some radar guns away from some cops and post them in a school or any public gathering that's in a "gun free zone." It seems like a poor allocation of preexisting resources and not a need for armed teachers or a call for new legislation.

Why don't we take some radar guns away from some cops and post them in a school or any public gathering that's in a "gun free zone." It seems like a poor allocation of preexisting resources and not a need for armed teachers or a call for new legislation.

Or just hire some marines as assistant principals.

No, shame on us for not busting up this school of thought.
We are the people.
We need to change this country.
Shame on those who perpetuate the disarmament of us all, though.

Is there a media outlet with the coverage of the MSM that will get this our message to the public? The gun-control crowd has MSM locked up tight on their side. Could the various state carry organizations like GCO band together and make enough noise to be heard? Is there any way to change the opinions of the MSM?

A number of MSM newscasters offend me on many issues. I watched Piers Morgan be just as rude as he could be to a guest on a non-gun related issue a couple of weeks ago. I didn't understand how that show was worthy of a national audience. I caught a bit of his show last night and he was on his anti-gun high horse. If I am not mistaken, Piers is an immigrant from Great Britain. If he didn't like our gun laws when he arrived, he should have left.

This is scary, from Wikipedia:

Morgan is alleged to have close ties with the Rupert Murdoch family and defended them in the media against suggestions that they were more involved in the News International phone hacking scandal than they claimed.[SUP][60][/SUP]

So this guy, and CNN vicariously for hiring him, certainly have an agenda.

Lets get our representatives off of gun-control and get them on immigration reform. :)

Are the ones with radar guns law enforcement officers, or revenue agents? Would they know what to do if confronted by an armed criminal, or would they try to write a ticket to get the money?

Last edited:
So many possible solutions and way too many people just talking about it. We need action right now. Change the scenery. All of these cowards are choosing soft targets where they know there is no form a retailation. Training and the ability to defend themselves is a necessary evil at this point. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

To change the direction, check out this article:

http://curtiscrx25.newsvine.com/_news/2012/12/16/15952471-whats-causing-these-school-shootings-guns-or-psychiatric-drugs

Maybe guns aren't the issue afterall.

Back
Top Bottom