• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need a pond dug in my back yard 8' x 8' x 4' - approximate

I'd be real tempted to purchase an above ground pool.
If you already have a decent air compressor, you can shotcrete the sides to keep them from caving in over time.

You can build a wooden box in place also out of pressure treated lumber if you lag the boards. After digging that hole the box will be a breeze.

If you dig some whenever the rain has the soil soft you will get there but that is a very large hole to dig by hand in any soil.

Many hands make for light work.

But don't hire these guys.
3.bp.blogspot.com__mXoMRHmUZDE_TA_RhwsWZyI_AAAAAAAAB_I_nuaF1iFe80cf912131804eb5432a1fbd5b7825e.jpg

If you dig some whenever the rain has the soil soft you will get there but that is a very large hole to dig by hand in any soil.

I don't think that is too big a dig. My house is a split level with the one story part about 900 sq ft and it sat about 3 feet off the ground. Many years ago, I dug it out another 4 1/2 feet and pouedr concrete walls up to the footings for a basement. It was very clay type soil and I not only had to use a mattock, but a pick to dig it out. Didn't want to use any water for fear it would be absorbed by the soil under the footings. Sloping back yard got leveled out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom