• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need a Scar expert, historian

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a rare rifle in the sense that probably not 1 in perhaps 1000 ODT members have the $3k or so in cash to buy one.

My 17s is rare because of the unique sling attachment...very high tech and definitely hard to findView attachment 654343
You would think that a member in the top 0.1% of the ODT would have the wherewithal to outfit a rifle with a proper sling and attachment points.

Then again, screw that. A Samsonite luggage strap and some twine will giterdone!

You would think that a member in the top 0.1% of the ODT would have the wherewithal to outfit a rifle with a proper sling and attachment points.

Then again, screw that. A Samsonite luggage strap and some twine will giterdone!
It is a proper sling ...... exactly what I wanted
IMG_1825.jpeg
for the way I like to carry it on my 5-10 mile strolls through the woods every day.

It is a proper sling ...... exactly what I wantedView attachment 654645 for the way I like to carry it on my 5-10 mile strolls through the woods every day.

Hay, if it works for you, that's twine. Do you have a plan for when it bails?

All punning aside, I was just giving you a hard time because you played the money card and then posted a $3000 rifle on a $14 "sling."

All SCAR's are made in Belgium and imported complete as an inoperable non-firearm due to the magwell being blocked. Once here the magwell is machined to accept a magazine and registered accordingly.
All mine looks similar and say made in Belgium.
Good knowledge. Always wondered how they were able to import these.

OP, I am sure you already know this, but the SCAR finishes all vary from batch to batch due to their process.

Lastly, I see a 2013 article asking ALMOST the exact same thing as you about a SCAR 17. This was when you could get a SCAR 17 for a fair used price vs the MSRP priced used one on here some times...

Seems yours may just be an agency ordered rifle that was sold in a trade-in program. Seeing how those 17s' were sold for pretty cheap ($2200-$2500), I just don't see this pedifree adding much, if any "extra" value.

Also, not sure the internal components or barrel would be any different than any other off the shelf SCAR. Not like they were the military FA MK16's or MK17's converted to a civilian legal 16s or 17s.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-17s/45615-new-owner-unusual-used-scar-17s-factory-13-5-barrel.html

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom