• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need some help about curios and relics

Dan_the_new_gun_owner

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Im 19 and I want to buy a Chinese SKS Type 56 Rifle and I am unsure about how to obtain this rifle. so I can buy long rifles but under Classic Firearms it says that you need curio and relic license. is this required if the firearm is already in the US or to buy an old gun do I need to get a curio and relics license, and if so are there any age requirements?

Are you buying from a dealer or individual? C&R license is not required to buy (in person) a SKS even from a dealer. It’s mainly to enable the license holder to have a C&R eligible firearm shipped directly to them rather than going through a dealer.
Also, keep in mind it can take several weeks to months for the ATF to process an application.

Im 19 and I want to buy a Chinese SKS Type 56 Rifle and I am unsure about how to obtain this rifle. so I can buy long rifles but under Classic Firearms it says that you need curio and relic license. is this required if the firearm is already in the US or to buy an old gun do I need to get a curio and relics license, and if so are there any age requirements?
You need the license in order for them to ship it directly to you. You can buy it and have it shipped to a local dealer for transfer. At 19 you are perfectly legal to own the rifle. Classic firearms can only ship it to a licensed dealer, which in this case includes a C&R dealer.

Are you buying from a dealer or individual? C&R license is not required to buy (in person) a SKS even from a dealer. It’s mainly to enable the license holder to have a C&R eligible firearm shipped directly to them rather than going through a dealer.
Also, keep in mind it can take several weeks to months for the ATF to process an application.
yes from a dealer and thank you :)

You need the license in order for them to ship it directly to you. You can buy it and have it shipped to a local dealer for transfer. At 19 you are perfectly legal to own the rifle. Classic firearms can only ship it to a licensed dealer, which in this case includes a C&R dealer.
ahhh great!! I want to own my first milsurp :)

Back
Top Bottom