• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I should have know better... blasted Tula Ammo!

madmarinehays

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
268   0
Reaction score
OK so I should have know better but I thought I would give it another try its been years since I last tried them. I got a box of Tula ammo 9mm 50 rounds for about $8. Out of the 50 rounds 15 failed to fire from hitting the primer. The others where shooting sparks out of them so badly the range officer thought i was going to burn down the range. Garbage ammo! I dont think I would shoot them again even if they were free.

I shot about 250 rounds through my G19 during my last intermediate pistol class. Not 1 single malfunction, not 1 single failure. IIRC I got it from cheaper than dirt.

ive shot atleast 300 rnds out of my usp, never had a failure. lots of flash and gets your gun dirty though.

- - - Updated - - -

ive shot atleast 300 rnds out of my usp, never had a failure. lots of flash and gets your gun dirty though.

Yep, dirty and sparky but never had Tula fail... I only used a few boxes but it sounds like you either got a bad box OR your handgun doesn't hit the primer very hard... might want to check. Oh, and I use Hornady STEEL cased match ammo for competition shooting... kicks ass and "relatively" cheap

You getting any kind of marks on your primers that didn't fire?

Never had a problem in any caliber tula. As others have said, it's dirty-but so what gotta clean the gun anyway.

Back
Top Bottom