• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I spilt beer on mah new laptop

SuperMario92

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   4
Reaction score
Ok, so I just picked up a Lenovo s210 on black Friday and long story short, I spilled maybe 4oz of Bud Light on it last night. I immediately flipped it upside down and stuck a towel in between the screen and keyboard and set it upside down to dry out for the night. (I unplugged it and took the battery out as well.) Well, it's morning, I turned it on and it seemed to have suffered no ill effects besides the affected keys now feel like there is something sticky on the underside of them. But, no 'sticky' keys or keys that don't fuction. Everything else seems to be working as well. I think I'm in the clear but, I hear that I may not encounter problems until several days from now. Is this true? Should I try and dismantle it and go throw it with some rubbing alchohol and a q tip to get all the residue out or will it be fine if I just leave it? I hear that the new lenovos have a spill resistant keyboard so I should be good right?

i dont know, but i hear if you put it in rice overnight, asians come and fix it :rolleyes:

lol on a serious note, i think you lucked out and are in the the clear.

I thought the title said you that you spilled beer on it? ;)
You should be able to remove the keys and actually wash they keyboard itself in warm water. Dry as well as you can and then let it sit over night. Should be good to go - at least that has worked with several Dell laptops in my office.

next time put laptop in bag of rice, round eye. thCAKLUWCO.jpg

I thought the title said you that you spilled beer on it? ;)
You should be able to remove the keys and actually wash they keyboard itself in warm water. Dry as well as you can and then let it sit over night. Should be good to go - at least that has worked with several Dell laptops in my office.

You can drink in your office!? Are they hiring? Ok, one more question when I do take the computer apart is there anything in particular I should not touch? I know that static discharge can be a problem with electronics.

If you are the slightest bit concerned about it, take it back to the store and say there is a battery issue and it doesn't hold a good charge. They will just swap out the unit for you and ship back the old one to the manufacturer or sell it as open box.

You can drink in your office!? Are they hiring? Ok, one more question when I do take the computer apart is there anything in particular I should not touch? I know that static discharge can be a problem with electronics.

Most of the keyboard will have a little ribbon strip that connects the keybd to the motherbd. Just be careful taking it out of the slot and reinserting it. Other than that you should be good to go!

Back
Top Bottom