• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I think the USPS has officially gone into “Whatever” mode for shipping

I get other people's mail all the time. I suspect a "fill in" carrier might do it since they've figured out I'll just deliver it correctly for them. I haven't had too much "lost" in transit but I've had some slllooooooooooowwwwwww deliveries.

The previous occupants from our house still have mail coming to us even though they’ve request address change. Most even has the yellow sticker with their new address on it. I kindly mark it return to sender, no longer lives here. Like a boomerang it still comes back another day.

I discovered all mail from North GA that is forwarded to a new address goes to Tampa before it’s sent to the new address. That seems efficient.

Likewise! I've had to file 2 claims after the tracking said delivered. And I have a couple packages that should have been delivered last week, but have been sitting somewhere in NY for 3 days. My 1 day delivery has turned into 5.

One package marked as delivered said I signed for it... which I didn't. So I asked for proof and USPS couldn't produce it. So 2 employees got cussed out, the driver had to come back to find it and got cussed out for lying. Probably got fired for forging a signature or lying about a signature.
LOL...
Fired?
Probably got promoted for showing initiative.

I’d imagine a lot of this has to do with prioritizing vaccine shipments.

Huge undertaking and critical to deliver on time to prevent the doses going bad.

Before I got my current job, I applied to be a rural postal carrier. I aced the test and got a phone interview. During the interview the manager asked me what kind of vehicle I drove. I thought that’s kind of an odd question, but I told her a 2019 Ram 1500 quad cab. She said “You might want to find a right hand steering vehicle.” When I asked why, she told me I had to provide my own vehicle. I asked for how long and she replied “Until you’re permanent and have some seniority. Of course our trucks don’t have A/C, but you can put a fan on the dash.” She also said “You must be available 7 days a week. If I call you @ 0430 to start a 0600 shift, you better be available.” I said “No thanks.” Probably best decision I ever made.

My usps mail carrier told me(Sun Jan 3) they were working 7 days a week until after the election. I asked her WHY? She could not answer. I've not seen you guys make any attempt to get you shipping money back...I paid 11 damn dollars for two day priority on a 15 dollar part that took over 9 days once in the system...The post office lady said "we don't give refunds"...

Back
Top Bottom