• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I thought it was a doe...

I have doubled up plenty but 5 is awesome. It also sounds like too much work for one day!

NO DOUBT! With three people, a game cart and a human ATV known as sinac84 around here (he drags them two at a time), it still kicked our asses getting them out. That experience was a contributing factor in missing a very nice buck the next year.

I had doubled up on does in a remote area and had already dragged them to the base of a hard incline and field dressed them. While waiting for sinac84 to get to me to help drag, I heard what could have been another deer, but chose not to pay much attention to it because I had no intension of killing another one that day. It turned out to be a 130 class buck that was already running before I even had the rifle unslung. He would have been an easy kill if I had been in "hunt" mode.

I've always gone by the if you want a doe it better be a yearling because they cant be bred until they are older then you possibly shoot a button head. But, if I am worried about meat Il kill a cull buck, and save my tag for a shooter. but take what you can get as long as it doesn't have spots!

Yet I got my 2 deer out before you and your brother did with your cute little cart.

Glad to do it too.

I'm not sure it was any easier with the cart. We had to go over so much crap the cart may have made it harder. Walking down a logging road with one makes sense, but through the woods....not so much. Besides, I always try to make sure you're somewhere nearby when I kill one now. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom