• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I want a 1911 But don't know what kind to get. help!

Kimber Custom II.....has to be my best shooting 1911. Smoothest action, best trigger, smoothest safety, tightest fit and best feeling.....I believe it feels better than my SA Loaded. Never had a malfunction and I've probably fired close to 800 rounds through it.

I own one as well, and I love it. Your gonna find people who talk crap about any gun you choose, so I wouldn't waste my time thinking about others bs. I think for getting into a 1911 at a good price, the Kimber Custom II is great. I've seen them for 750-800 range. Mine shoots straight, is fit very well, and feels comfortable. you should check them out.

How much does the Springfield operator run?

The SA operators are about $900 give or take $50. They are about 10 ounces lighter and would be ideal for conceal carry. If I were you, I would get a SA loaded and call it a day. There about $750 to $800 Try to find one with a NM serial #

Here is a nice video on the SA loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
The SA operators are about $900 give or take $50. They are about 10 ounces lighter and would be ideal for conceal carry. If I were you, I would get a SA loaded and call it a day. There about $750 to $800 Try to find one with a NM serial #

They don't make the Loaded with NM serial numbers. NM serials represent that the receiver is a national match and made in the USA. Some older models may have them, but none of the new models that I have seen have them. The Trophy Match, TRP, and other higher end models I believe have NM serial receivers, and anything from their custom shop should as well, but you are going to pay for those ones.

They don't make the Loaded with NM serial numbers. NM serials represent that the receiver is a national match and made in the USA. Some older models may have them, but none of the new models that I have seen have them. The Trophy Match, TRP, and other higher end models I believe have NM serial receivers, and anything from their custom shop should as well, but you are going to pay for those ones.

Hmmm, that's funny, I just picked up a brand new loaded last week with a NM serial number.

They do, but they aren't that common. I've also seen some Mil-Specs marked as such.

Back
Top Bottom