I wanted another HK but I broke down and ordered a PTR A3S .308 Rifle Classic Black

The A3R comes with the old school handguard, and yes, the rail. You don't have to use the rail. In my opinion, the lack of a rail will kill any trade or resale value. Anyway, I look forward to your impressions. And aren't the mags $2-3 each?

Love my PTR 91, traded a Garand for it. Very front heavy! I don't reload so tearing up the brass is a non issue for me.

PTR91a.jpg
PTR91c.jpg
PTR91d.jpg
PTR91e.jpg
PTR91f.jpg

Extra points for having a paddle mag release- interested in seeing a breakdown to see how PTR mounted the release.

As the paddle release is pushed toward the magazine, it rotates to a chamfered catch/notch on the mag release pin, pushing the pin outward (to the left of the rifle, to the right in the reversed image below), just like pushing on the regular mag release button on the right side of the rifle.

paddle_mag_release.jpg

Hey bypass, I have quite a few spare mags, and furniture for the rifle. Mags you can get HK mags for less than $5 bucks each, and I have the sliding stock if your interested. Have the different forends, bipods, and may still have a buffer lying around. I would recommend the enhanced buffer, reduces recoil to almost nothing.

The A3R comes with the old school handguard, and yes, the rail. You don't have to use the rail. In my opinion, the lack of a rail will kill any trade or resale value. Anyway, I look forward to your impressions. And aren't the mags $2-3 each?
I think the aluminum ones are about $4-5, but I recall steel mags being slightly more, although not by much.

Back
Top Bottom