• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was ALMOST on the Victor Hill trial jury

Very interesting and polarizing comments in this thread. I'm often surprised when so many so called Americans/Patriots don't respect the judicial process. The folks lamenting over Mr. Hill's acquittal or no different than those lamenting over George Zimmerman's acquittal. Why blame the jury-where you part of the jury deliberation? Please keep in mind that Mr. Hill was indicted. I imagine the Grand Jury that indicted him was made up of the same/similar residents from Clayton County. Fortunately, we dont get to sit at home and speculate who is guilty with our limited facts. At least with the Zimmerman case, you could watch most of it on TV-Florida didn't prove their case-I imagine Georgia didn't either.

Did anyone who has commented on this topic sit through at least half of the trial? The judicial process is OUR process. Its not the white, black, asian, or latin process. Respect it! No its not perfect, neither or we but people still respect us. No one race has a monopoly on corruption or destruction. If you check history-those who are in power, corrupt, are corrupted and destroy-no matter what their ethnicity. Corruption and destruction has been going on for centuries long before Victor Hill, Enron, Sub Prime lending etc.

Last edited:
Very interesting and polarizing comments in this thread. I'm often surprised when so many so called Americans/Patriots don't respect the judicial process. The folks lamenting over Mr. Hill's acquittal or no different than those lamenting over George Zimmerman's acquittal. Why blame the jury-where you part of the jury deliberation? Fortunately, we dont get to sit at home and speculate who is guilty with our limited facts. At least with the Zimmerman case, you could watch most of it on TV-Florida didn't prove their case-I imagine Georgia didn't either.

Did anyone who has commented on this topic sit through at least half of the trial? The judicial process is OUR process. Its not the white, black, asian, or latin process. Respect it! No its not perfect, neither or we but people still respect us. No one race has a monopoly on corruption or destruction. If you check history-those who are in power, corrupt, are corrupted and destroy-no matter what their ethnicity. Corruption and destruction has been going on for centuries long before Victor Hill, Enron, Sub Prime lending etc.
I think Victor Hill is guilty and it has nothing to do with the fact he's black. I think Andrea Sneiderman is guilty and it has nothing to do with the fact she's white. I think OJ Simpson is guilty and it has nothing to do with the fact he's black. (Oops that was proven in a civil case wasn't it?, should we respect the process in the criminal case?) I think George Zimmerman was innocent and it has nothing to do with the fact he's hispanic. I think Bill Clinton is guilty, it has zero to do with the fact he's white. I think Cornelius Dupree Jr is innocent and it has nothing to do with the fact he's black. I think Al Sharpton and Harry Reid are disgusting dispcable human beings and it has nothing to do with their skin color. I think Dr. Thomas Soweel is a genius and it has nothing to do with the fact he's black.
If on the other hand your opinion is people shouldn't have an opinion on such things after a jury has ruled... we'll well just disagree.
While I imagine I get your point, the days of "blind faith and respect" for the judicial process, at ALL levels, is gone from my perspective (thank you very much SCOTUS) and you'll have to excuse my fatigue for those those that try to make a race an issue out of EVERYTHING when they don't realize they are fanning the flames they pretend to be disgusted over.
:yo:

Very interesting and polarizing comments in this thread. I'm often surprised when so many so called Americans/Patriots don't respect the judicial process. The folks lamenting over Mr. Hill's acquittal or no different than those lamenting over George Zimmerman's acquittal. Why blame the jury-where you part of the jury deliberation? Please keep in mind that Mr. Hill was indicted. I imagine the Grand Jury that indicted him was made up of the same/similar residents from Clayton County. Fortunately, we dont get to sit at home and speculate who is guilty with our limited facts. At least with the Zimmerman case, you could watch most of it on TV-Florida didn't prove their case-I imagine Georgia didn't either.

im not respecting an elected official or his constituents that repeatedly abuse the public trust for their own gain

personally, i dont care that he is acquitted, because the folks of clayton county deserve this low rent piece of ****

My respect the judicial process left years ago when I learned that the same corrupt people keep getting voted in year after year and term after term. I just do my best not to get myself anywhere near a court room, period.

I agree. No I did not sit through the trial so I didn't see the evidence.
What I did hear were jurors and potential jurors NOT following the judicial process as laid out by the judge. The gay fellow I mentioned that was on the jury made the comment that it was not what Hill did, it was what they could prove. Now on the surface, he's correct but I think he was going in a different direction with that comment. I chose not to confront him to get him to clarify. Now he and I did have some candid discussions about the words "cracker" and "******". He initiated that topic.

LSU
Opinionated dialogue is always a good thing. We all have a right to our opinions and the right to express them. In the absence of knowing what Zimmerman and Hill did because I wasn't there when they did it, I respect the judicial outcome. Its not blind faith in the process as I related earlier, its not perfect but its the best thing we have. In all this time, we have not been able to come up with something better, a more objective or a more discerning way to deliver justice. Again, it doesn't matter who is on trial, their race or the jury make up.

I have had the fortune or misfortune (depending on how you look at it) to visit and do business in other countries. Though our officials and judicial process aren't perfect, there is no better place to do business or to be tried than the US. This is my frame of reference for my comments. My respect is based on the components of our judicial process (judge, jury, defense, prosecutor) not the race, economic status or ethnicity of the folks participating or how they adjudicate folks. We all know innocent folks go to prison and some guilty go free. Franklin's maxim however is some comfort.

Chuck, I don't too much care if Mr. Hill is acquitted either. "Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

dawgfan
It sounds like you were expecting reason and logic to overcome that jurors poor reasoning/logic skills and way too much emotion. I hope you didn't waste too much of your time or breath on him - life is way too short.

My respect is based on the components of our judicial process (judge, jury, defense, prosecutor) not the race, economic status or ethnicity of the folks participating or how they adjudicate folks.
I took your original comment as an indictment (pun intended?) of those expressing displeasure with the OUTCOME. I don't necessarily remember anyone bemoaning the PROCESS. But if the OUTCOME is preceived as too frequently or blatantly incorrect, then diminished respect for, or a certain level of disenchantment with, the PROCESS is perfectly understandable.

Back
Top Bottom