I was hoping to get the Ten point listed on here but it didn't work out.......

It's an ok scope. It's no Leupold but it has range markers. They are hard to see without being lit up. It's great in low light.
May have to get a leupold down the road then. I was reading up on their (Leupold) scopes and it says they adjust for arrow speed and yardage increments. basically you just put in your arrow speed and it sets yardage for you. Is that true?

May have to get a leupold down the road then. I was reading up on their (Leupold) scopes and it says they adjust for arrow speed and yardage increments. basically you just put in your arrow speed and it sets yardage for you. Is that true?[/QUOTE. I'm going to have to look into that. First I've heard.

I shoot an Excalibur crossbow and love it, Ten Point is the only other one I would consider. Those are freaking sweet. Your next question will be what broadhead to get. Get you 100 and 125 grain field points and see what flies better out of your bow. Make sure to shoot the same grain practicing as you do hunting. Once you find out which flies better get a broadhead with the same weight. For me 100 grain is the cats mellow. Just get you some of these and your good to go! https://www.amazon.com/Spitfire-100...475355641&sr=8-1&keywords=spitfire+broadheads

What their ad says.

The Leupold Crossbones Crossbow scope is as good as it gets for the serious crossbow hunter. No need to calculate anything. Just determine the speed of your bow and dial the power selection ring to your speed and you have hold over points for 20-60 yards. Leupold brings the outstanding quality that everyone has come to expect and put all the technology into the best crossbow scope on the market. The rugged 1" tube provides 100% waterproofing and the index matched, lead free lenses give you unmatched clarity in low light. When the time comes for that trophy animal, be prepared with the Leupold Crossbones. The scope includes bikini style lens covers and is covered by the Leupold Lifetime warranty. .

I shoot an Excalibur crossbow and love it, Ten Point is the only other one I would consider. Those are freaking sweet. Your next question will be what broadhead to get. Get you 100 and 125 grain field points and see what flies better out of your bow. Make sure to shoot the same grain practicing as you do hunting. Once you find out which flies better get a broadhead with the same weight. For me 100 grain is the cats mellow. Just get you some of these and your good to go! https://www.amazon.com/Spitfire-100...475355641&sr=8-1&keywords=spitfire+broadheads
Right on, I ordered a bunch of 75 grainers though. :( I will wear those out and switch to your suggestion. I have always shot lighter arrows for less drop at longer distances. I am concerned with the 175 lb draw weight that the arrows might be too light. It says
Speed: 360 fps (370 grain bolt)

Kinetic Energy: 107 ft-lb (370 grain bolt)

Doing the math the arrows are 10.5 grains per inch at 20 inches so 205 grains for arrow and 75 for broad head puts it at 280 grains so I will probably hit 380 fps but what is it going to do to the bow? Shooting too light of an arrow can be bad.

Right on, I ordered a bunch of 75 grainers though. :( I will wear those out and switch to your suggestion. I have always shot lighter arrows for less drop at longer distances. I am concerned with the 175 lb draw weight that the arrows might be too light. It says
Speed: 360 fps (370 grain bolt)

Kinetic Energy: 107 ft-lb (370 grain bolt)

Doing the math the arrows are 10.5 grains per inch at 20 inches so 205 grains for arrow and 75 for broad head puts it at 280 grains so I will probably hit 380 fps but what is it going to do to the bow? Shooting too light of an arrow can be bad.
Seeing that it comes with 100 grain practice points it looks like thats what you will be wanting.

Back
Top Bottom