• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was wrong, bottoms falling out a bit sooner than I thought.

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Perhaps it is because everything was too inflated. In 08 it took 8 months for prices to begin to stabilize, but I looked this morning on Arfcom and it appears the market is already falling. I saw several preban Colts for between 1400 and 1800 and several spikes, PSA, bushmaster, etc for right around 1k. Not sure when the ODT will follow as it tends to follow the craziness on gunbroker more than the real market.

The whole NY market was essentially lost right? Pre-bans may be a bad predictor.

Ahh I see others. But wouldn't AR's not be i as high of demand on Arfcom since everyone has one? its those who worry they will never have one or don't have enough who are driving it up

The whole NY market was essentially lost right? Pre-bans may be a bad predictor
Yeah, NEw Yorkers are dumping their prebans rather than registering them. The non preban rifles were sitting at around 1k. The thing is, when you can buy a green label Colt for 1400, who in the world is going to pay more than that for a spikes, PSA, bushy, etc? Perhaps the NY legislation is what's causing the fast deflation.

I hope so.

I wanted to celebrate inauguration day by buying a new gun, but couldn't find anything that I wanted that wasn't inflated.

Maybe I will do it to celebrate the state of the union address.

Ahh I see others. But wouldn't AR's not be i as high of demand on Arfcom since everyone has one? its those who worry they will never have one or don't have enough who are driving it up
I would imagine that less than 5% of Afcom membership actually owns an AR pattern rifle. Maybe 25% but still, a relatively low percentage.

I would imagine that less than 5% of Afcom membership actually owns an AR pattern rifle. Maybe 25% but still, a relatively low percentage.
lol, wow. Well I hope the new AR market stays booming for a long time, the proliferation of that rifle is going to be a big part of keeping it around. I wouldn't be hurt to not see one sit on a shelve for a year.

Guys are probably realizing that a ban on ARs ain't coming so they are selling to either recoup money while they can or selling to stock up on ammo. I'm not surprised. I figured once the talk of a ban died down so would the prices.

Back
Top Bottom