• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I was wrong, bottoms falling out a bit sooner than I thought.

The supply of quality weapons is still very slim,imho. That will keep prices high compared to three or four months ago. I am not sure the prices will ever return but I suspect they will drop some. When the supply returns the prices may even see a small uptick but not to the levels we have seen in the last month. Sunday my son and I were aqt GA firing line and they had a CR AR15 that sold for $999.99 in less than an hour after they opened.Not a bad price but it was the only one they had.
oh I don't think for one minute we will be back to normal anytime soon, but it is nice to see the downward trend.

oh I don't think for one minute we will be back to normal anytime soon, but it is nice to see the downward trend.

I agree.

I think we will see some moderation, but the days of cheap ammo and pmags are gone for a while.....

Even if Obama's legislative dreams are crushed (fingers crossed,) he will get to appoint at least two rabid libs to the supreme court. If he gets a 3rd appointment (or if we lose a solid conservative like Scalia,) all bets are off.

In that case, a $2000 AR may seem cheap.

Gunbroker and Gun Shows are the only places I'm still seeing it. Sure stock is still low in most stores, but their pricing isn't out of line, around here anyways.

The prices have tapered off, but they'll hover and see one more spike when the legislation actually hits... Luckily I had everything I wanted before all of this happened, so its fun to sit back and watch and try to figure out how it will all go down :-)

If something does pass it will either send prices through the roof, or will make weapons that are effected valueless and a basic liability to own. If something doesn't pass I'd say that prices will taper and then plummet since the market is flooded with ammo and weapons now. If it doesn't pass I think we'll see it here when people see that buying that 2500 buck Colt on a credit card is costing them 20% to own and pay off and they'll dump them.

Results may vary, but like I said, its fun to strategize and watch to see if it plays out as expected.

Back
Top Bottom