• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

i would rather stay home.......

gbug.gif

I feed bream every evening that I’m home, then turtles, carp etc swarm

we had a large fist sized piece of old brisket in fridge yesterday evening I took it down and tossed it in by the dock, bream started nibbling then a huge channel cat grabbed the whole thing and swam off.

good fun

just not in to either one of them. to me, there is just not a challenge to them.
i was 2 yrs old my first catfishing trip. very soon started to go every weekend.
it was fn as a kid but got boring as hell after i started bass fishing yrs later.
as for bluegill and the likes they are more of a pain in the ass than anything.

i know there are folks that like fishing for either and often both but i just dont get it
as to why. i dont knock these folks now, but i just dont understand the desire
to catch these fish at all.

Take a loaf of old bread, and 3 or 4 grandbabies.........
You'll be a lot of things, but bored won't be one of them.
i can imagine. its a great way to spark their interests
as thats how i too got hooked. no pun intended.
i was a mess and always hung up in trees, downed trees in the water,
you name it. i drove my brother in law crazy. i cant imagine 3 or 4 of me lol.
your a good man for taking them. i thank you now, they will thank you in the future.

Fishing for some of us ( like me ) is about relaxation. It does not get anymore relaxing than bottom fishing for shell cracker and catfish with a baitfeeder / baitrunner reel. If you really got to have some fish to eat you can buy them from a restaurant , fish market or the grocery store. I am not a fan of Bass fishing ---cast 300 times and throw your arm and shoulder out trying to catch a fish :confused: Get hung up and lose between 10-100 dollars worth of lures :confused: . Being an adrenaline addict is a job I do not want to be on.

Back
Top Bottom