• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ID for Firearm

You comfortable with this!?

• Total voters
I have swapped drivers license photos with a guy because I could not meet him in person and only so we both knew each other were GA residents and of age to own the gun. That is the only circumstance.

I wasn't aware that you had to prove Georgia residency.

How did you prove that you were not a convicted felon?

Knowingly?

tenor.gif

I have swapped drivers license photos with a guy because I could not meet him in person as we were 100's of miles apart and only so we both knew each other were GA residents and of age to own the gun. That is the only circumstance.

You don't have to ,but would you mind going in depth about that?

Someone picked up the firearm for you or you had them ship it?

Reminds me of when I sold my mini 14 target with the laminated stock.

Guy wanted me to meet him at a rest stop 3 hours away. I stupidly agreed.

He shows up in his patrol car. NCHP. He first wanted to run the serial number to make sure it wasn't stolen. I thought it was weird but okay.

Then he wanted my license to run. I argued about this but eventually relented. I had driven all this way and didn't want to lose the sale. I came back clean of course but that wasn't good enough for him.

I got pissed when he started to call in my plates, pulled a 4473 and a copy of my FFL out of my truck and put the shoe on the other foot.

He was absolutely adamant about not giving me his ID or filling out the 4473. Said he had to protect his information because he was Law Enforcement. He really got pissed when I refused to go ahead with the sale.

So I said **** you, put my gun in the truck and left. Waste of time.

Reminds me of when I sold my mini 14 target with the laminated stock.

Guy wanted me to meet him at a rest stop 3 hours away. I stupidly agreed.

He shows up in his patrol car. NCHP. He first wanted to run the serial number to make sure it wasn't stolen. I thought it was weird but okay.

Then he wanted my license to run. I argued about this but eventually relented. I had driven all this way and didn't want to lose the sale. I came back clean of course but that wasn't good enough for him.

I got pissed when he started to call in my plates, pulled a 4473 and a copy of my FFL out of my truck and put the shoe on the other foot.

He was absolutely adamant about not giving me his ID or filling out the 4473. Said he had to protect his information because he was Law Enforcement. He really got pissed when I refused to go ahead with the sale.

So I said **** you, put my gun in the truck and left. Waste of time.
Elf yeah I love it...:thumb:

I wasn't aware that you had to prove Georgia residency. Yes Sir

How did you prove that you were not a convicted felon? Took his word for it and he took my word.

Knowingly?

You really believe that you have to prove someone is a Georgia resident? I would love to see that law. Please share.

So you will believe that someone isn't a convicted felon because they said so, but not take their word that they are of age and a Georgia resident, because they said so?

Which would you consider to be of greater consequence, selling to someone from out of state, or selling to a convicted felon?

Back
Top Bottom