• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'd like some others opinions

insulinboy

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
I currently shoot a Sig P226 as my double stack production gun in steel challenges and a RIA with some better trigger components as my single stack.

I shoot fairly well with both but am notably better with the P226. I think part of it is just that I have been shooting the sig for a year now and the 1911 9mm only a month or so.

I'd like to get one of the RIA 9mm/22tcm double stack combos so that I can have 2 9mm 1911's. one double and one single stack for my production guns and do the same work so that the triggers are the same, and so I can use a single holster instead of having to swap for ease.

I don't have the money for an additional gun right now but I've been considering swapping out the p226 for the 1911.

I'm just wondering what other people would do so that maybe it can help me make up my mind :)

I sure wouldn't be swappin' a Sig--That I shot well--For an RIA...Just sayin'... :) ....mikey357

I was thinking that too, but in my defense my sig is an old west german model from 82 that I believe at one time was a service weapon. It has a lot of.. Character, of course thats one of the things I like about it. I like a gun with some honest wear more than one that looks shinny and new. In a way to me it tells a story and isn't just plain.

I suppose I shall hang on to it and pick up the extra 1911 after the new year to shoot next season with. Preciate your responses :)

I have been pondering the 22 TCM and RIA for some time now.
I have kind of came to the conclusion that basically its a low recoil 9 MM power cartridge.
so about the same capacity as a 9 mm, the same power ,and I could care less about being able to shoot through steel.
while there are loading dies, components, ammo available I have kind of decided that its just not worth it to go to another unusual caliber for me.
I already do the 38 Super, the 10 MM, as well as the 9 MM.
your needs /wants may be different but I kind of see this as so many NEW calibers coming out, it really doesn't do anything that existing calibers don't do.
but heck if you want one then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom