• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"I'd Rather be Judged by 12 than Carried...Blah...Blah....Blah........

inkdaddy

Coast Guard Icon Supporter
Graduate, ODT class of 2010!!
165   0
Reaction score
Is it me?? or does anyone else find that Cliche just Arrogant!! I seem to reading more and more threads regarding carrying a weapon, carry laws in the State of Georgia as well as other States, Does and Don'ts of carrying a weapon and on and on, and I am seeing people say things like........"Well........I'd Rather be Judged by 12 than Carried by 6"........so help me here........does that mean that regardless of what the Law says regarding a certain senerio, you are going to make your own decision?? and you are ready to face a court room, Judge, and Jury of your peers for your actions? I have had some form of firearms license just about my whole adult life. How??....because I live by the Rule of Law.
That is what is expected of all of us. Are all the Laws fair, or just, or right??......Nope!!....but we have a responsibility to abide by them, or do something to change them. Just saying, I don't agree with that law so I am going to do XXXX.....and so be it, does not make any logical sense to me at all. Think about your every day life as it is today. If you have family include them too. Then think about the reactions that could occur from you doing something that violated the "Rule of Law". Arrest, detention, loss of freedom, loss of certain rights if convicted, certainly a real good possibility of loss of job, loss of income, loss of home and belongings, the need of lots and lots and lots of money for an attorney......for what???.........."Because I would Rather be Judged by 12 than Carried by 6??......I think NOT!!....Generally you find that criminals, do not live by the Rule of Law.....they pretty much do what they want......and take whatever comes their way. Is that how you want to be perceived??.........I don't. This Judged by 12....nonsense is just that...........an old TV cliche that worked great for people like John Wayne, but not in the real world!

Blah Blah Blah Rant is now done.......!!!!

Over and Out!

Is it me?? or does anyone else find that Cliche just Arrogant!! I seem to reading more and more threads regarding carrying a weapon, carry laws in the State of Georgia as well as other States, Does and Don'ts of carrying a weapon and on and on, and I am seeing people say things like........"Well........I'd Rather be Judged by 12 than Carried by 6"........so help me here........does that mean that regardless of what the Law says regarding a certain senerio, you are going to make your own decision?? and you are ready to face a court room, Judge, and Jury of your peers for your actions? I have had some form of firearms license just about my whole adult life. How??....because I live by the Rule of Law.
That is what is expected of all of us. Are all the Laws fair, or just, or right??......Nope!!....but we have a responsibility to abide by them, or do something to change them. Just saying, I don't agree with that law so I am going to do XXXX.....and so be it, does not make any logical sense to me at all. Think about your every day life as it is today. If you have family include them too. Then think about the reactions that could occur from you doing something that violated the "Rule of Law". Arrest, detention, loss of freedom, loss of certain rights if convicted, certainly a real good possibility of loss of job, loss of income, loss of home and belongings, the need of lots and lots and lots of money for an attorney......for what???.........."Because I would Rather be Judged by 12 than Carried by 6??......I think NOT!!....Generally you find that criminals, do not live by the Rule of Law.....they pretty much do what they want......and take whatever comes their way. Is that how you want to be perceived??.........I don't. This Judged by 12....nonsense is just that...........an old TV cliche that worked great for people like John Wayne, but not in the real world!

Over and Out!

What he said! For hearing impaired. I agree with him and in the next few hours watch for incoming macho fueled comments.

Over and Out!
:bump:

Well, if full registration becomes the law of the land...guess what.

If standard capacity magazines are banned...guess what.

If "assault weapons" are outlawed, mandatory registry or "class III"ed...guess what.

Well, if full registration becomes the law of the land...guess what.

If standard capacity magazines are banned...guess what.

If "assault weapons" are outlawed, mandatory registry or "class III"ed...guess what.

RULE of LAW my Gentle Friend!!............Change the Law!!.....don't violate it because you disagree with it!!

Back
Top Bottom