"I'd Rather be Judged by 12 than Carried...Blah...Blah....Blah........

I see your point. However, I also think if you live by someone else law you are never really free. I like to live my life with a "Prepare to Reap the Consequences" MO. I will be the first to admit that I do not follow laws I do not agree with. Most minor things...

BUT... before I make my decision... I make sure I am fully informed as to all possible consequences of not following that particular law. That way I can make a choice to abide by or not.

I dont like stop signs for example and "left on green only" signs. If I approach an intersection with a clear view and nobody is there or approaching, I slow and coast. Sure, someday I bet there will be a cop waiting to tag me and give me a $200 ticket but that is a consequence I am aware of. Even worse, I could not see someone, cause an accident and open myself to all sorts of problems, but I am aware of that as well.

At least you get the point. You make a conscious decision to disobey a law knowing and prepared to deal with the consequences. Most others here just don't get the point of the original statement. And thanks Ken I know you get it!

Back
Top Bottom