• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Idea: Multi-caliber survival revolver

If there were a multi-caliber revolver on the market, I'd base my buying decision on

• the size and weight and shape of the gun itself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the number of different caliber inserts or sleeve sets available for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the cost of the gun (primarily)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • the cost of both the gun and 3-4 sets of sleeves.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • the cost of both the gun and 5-8 sets of sleeves; I'd want to be able to shoot any popular calibr

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
no you can get them short and rifled: https://www.gunadapters.com/12-gauge-to-9mm-luger-rifled-zombie-series/

or longer. this has an 8" barrel so even better ballistics than some pistols
OK, ad fail.
How can 12ga/9mm and 12ga/22lr both be ‘Our Most Accurate Adapter We Make!’ ?

RE: The Rossi Wizard.

That's an OK idea for a gun you'll keep at home in your bunker, but having several extra 18" - 24" steel barrels isn't practical for traveling by foot, horse, ATV, motorcycle, or even a car. Maybe a big SUV or quad-cab pickup towing a trailer or camper, sure.

My idea about the revolver with chamber inserts would only require a pouch with several sets of steel tubes that would look and feel a lot like 28 gauge extended screw-in choke tubes. 6 per set, and having 5 sets in your pouch, and you'd only be carrying 30 of these small pieces of metal. Think of how small a box of 25 shotgun shells is.

You could carry 30 of these cylinder sleeves / inserts in a pouch the size of a 1-quart canteen.
It might weigh 2 lbs. About half the weight of even ONE Rossi barrel.

(EDITED TO ADD) Though these chamber inserts may be the same diameter as a 28 gauge extended choke tube, they'd be LONGER. Something like 5" long, not 3.5 or whatever an extended choke tube is.)
Its way easier to buy different guns in different calibers. Works better too.

Back
Top Bottom