• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ideal Home Defense Carbine?

20141228_200522.jpg 00 buck shot and slugs. Done

Why the woodies over the .300? Seriously, I don't get the appeal. I guess I don't care enough about how little noise my gun makes.

Why the woodies over the .300? Seriously, I don't get the appeal. I guess I don't care enough about how little noise my gun makes.
Subsonic 300 BLK is ideal for home defense. You have low velocity bullets that don't travel far or though much, high capacity, more effective than any handgun, and much quieter than even a 22 handgun even without a can so you don't destroy your eardrums. Put a can on it and it is even better.

If you ever have to shoot without earpro you will. As NWS said, a very effective self defense round inside 75 yards in a compact package with ample firepower. It's hard to beat the 300 BLK in the suppressed sbr category.

Subsonic 300 BLK is ideal for home defense. You have low velocity bullets that don't travel far or though much, high capacity, more effective than any handgun, and much quieter than even a 22 handgun even without a can so you don't destroy your eardrums. Put a can on it and it is even better.

If you ever have to shoot without earpro you will. As NWS said, a very effective self defense round inside 75 yards in a compact package with ample firepower. It's hard to beat the 300 BLK in the suppressed sbr category.
Plus, 300 Blackout was essentially tailored for this exact scenario when it was designed. I would be curious about penetration through walls with such a heavy bullet though.

Plus, 300 Blackout was essentially tailored for this exact scenario when it was designed. I would be curious about penetration through walls with such a heavy bullet though.
If the mild steel I shot with it is any indication I don't think it is going through much.

Honestly that application makes the most sense, I just don't see the advantage in the field or at the range.

Oh I have, but I can't imagine any rifle caliber round is going to be easy on the ears sans suppressor. I also have reservations about using a can for home defense. It seems like a prosecutor would have a field day with painting you as a "sniper", "mercenary", gun nut type that was just looking for a chance to pull the trigger on his assault weapon with a deadly silencer, and I'm sure most jurors would eat that **** up like oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom