• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If the STARS align a gunsmith here can help me

Probably not. The 380 star chrome plated spare slide I have is like damn near exactly a match just made to fit a steel framed model not a DK aluminum frame and the extractor fits all the way up to the hole for the pin not lining up due to not enough material. I couldn't drill it out larger because there's not enough OD around the hole. It's so closeeee and the claw looks perfect too I'm p****d. I've got the new slide coming Monday. It's a dead on DK slide so with a little fit and finish it'd work.

Side note. Was wondering if some material could be welded to my chipped extractor claw and then filed back down to proper spec?
Here's a site that describes the different iterations/clones:

http://star-firearms.com/firearms/guns/d/

Surprisingly, the Colt Pony used a Star slide & components. Perhaps some Colt parts can be located?

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Find similar parts, that are larger and fit to size your self. Ebay, has a lot of parts.
Got two slides a steel framed star D slide and a matching Star Starfire SA 380 that should fit like a dream. Just waiting till Monday. Replacement I bought is below
IMG_4977.PNG
IMG_4976.jpg
IMG_4978.PNG
IMG_4979.PNG
IMG_4980.PNG

Ima rob this thing. Then refinish this extra slide something serious. Like yellow gold

Well gentleman...today, on this pre-full moon night (I think), the stars infact have aligned. Too much cash monies spent on EBay, GB, etc (no ODT finds boo) finding two complete upper slides AND a complete replacement LPK (chrome plated) also a brand new replacement firing pin. Second slide I bought (bottom right) looks freaking awesome! Great bore, great parts clean, just dulled blue. So now....to steal whole slide or steal extractor and run original slide (bottom left) upper chrome slide won't fit my aluminum DKL frame but anyone got a close knock off pony? FI,IJ,Star etc? Send em my way.

Fixed extractor
2 extra firing pins (1 new manufacture)
3 guide rod assemblies complete
2 original OEM 6 round magazines
3 barrels to shoot out
(All replacement internal springs,pins,sears,hammers etc)

IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5041.JPG

Anybody who's come through this thread if you find another ODTer in need of star .380 or likewise parts let them know to contact me and I'd love to hook em up if I can. Only got the Pony clone stuff no S models. Thanks y'all

IMG_5042.JPG
Also follow up report!!! Ran like a top, super duper accurate tiny little 1911 blade sights gobbles up s***ty .380 ball which will probably be its diet of choice nasty little thing that it is. Couldn't be happier enough.
My Star DKL frame
Replacement slide (blued)
Same slides BBL
Chrome slides recoil spring
2 rando auction OEM mags
Bang bang bang bang bang bang ragged hole.

Awesome report! Love to hear that another vintage pistol is back in operation. I never appreciated the Star handguns until later in life. Although the steel is typically softer than American guns, they had some unique designs. Love my PD in .45acp!

Awesome report! Love to hear that another vintage pistol is back in operation. I never appreciated the Star handguns until later in life. Although the steel is typically softer than American guns, they had some unique designs. Love my PD in .45acp!

This is the DKL aluminum framed model at that! Can't believe it has held up fine to the hands of time. The steel on aluminum areas are smooth as glass now and no new material is ever found. Lubricate with some true grease on the rails and she's riding smooth. It does take a harder beating on finish than it's steel framed compradres. Scratches and all but holds that anodizing well. Glad to come across a star as I am tired of the pocket pistols I sell everyday and wanted something different yet reliable and effective. Now I can maintain this fool too.

Back
Top Bottom