• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you’re going to spend the money…..

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
What AR parts are most important to get consistent quality. I’ve accumulated enough to start piecing together a decent AR. Between deals at Larue, Geissele, some PSA, BCM ,etc, I’m close to putting together a rifle. But I’m curious at to where money really matters:

What parts are vital to absolute quality, and what parts are ok for budget? I’m not talking Bear Creek budget. Think of PSA as the lowest acceptable tier.

Yeah, yeah yeah, I hear all the Anderson and PSA ‘it choots jes fin’ comments.

If I start with a PSA upper what should I upgrade first?

I have a quality trigger, BCG, and Bravo company complete lower. I have a PSA upper (.300). Should I ditch the upper and go all new whole hog for quality ? I want MOBG accuracy and durability. I want 1 lower to swap for a .300 and .223 upper. This is my practice-for-OH****gottago-gun not a competition gun.

Thanks for all the insight.

Oh, and Chicken wing flats are better.
Sierra Nevada Beer is still the best.
Toilet paper should only roll over.
Bulleit is consistently better than all the BS fanboy bourbons y’all are chasing.
Shotguns are just fine for self defense..
9mm is mo better.

Happy Saturday .

I just put a $200 AR Stoner 300 BLK 7.5" upper with a Primary Arms 3x scope on it with a blem Wilson Combat lower and without so much as mounting the optic, I'm hitting a 4" plate at 100 yards. More money doesn't always equate to accuracy.

Just don't use anything Bear Creek Ass'nAll

What AR parts are most important to get consistent quality. I’ve accumulated enough to start piecing together a decent AR. Between deals at Larue, Geissele, some PSA, BCM ,etc, I’m close to putting together a rifle. But I’m curious at to where money really matters:

What parts are vital to absolute quality, and what parts are ok for budget? I’m not talking Bear Creek budget. Think of PSA as the lowest acceptable tier.

Yeah, yeah yeah, I hear all the Anderson and PSA ‘it choots jes fin’ comments.

If I start with a PSA upper what should I upgrade first?

I have a quality trigger, BCG, and Bravo company complete lower. I have a PSA upper (.300). Should I ditch the upper and go all new whole hog for quality ? I want MOBG accuracy and durability. I want 1 lower to swap for a .300 and .223 upper. This is my practice-for-OH****gottago-gun not a competition gun.

Thanks for all the insight.

Oh, and Chicken wing flats are better.
Sierra Nevada Beer is still the best.
Toilet paper should only roll over.
Bulleit is consistently better than all the BS fanboy bourbons y’all are chasing.
Shotguns are just fine for self defense..
9mm is mo better.

Happy Saturday .
all ARs are pieces of ****. I said it. your AR is an inaccurate POS. unless it is a noveske. then it sucks my BCG.

I just put a $200 AR Stoner 300 BLK 7.5" upper with a Primary Arms 3x scope on it with a blem Wilson Combat lower and without so much as mounting the optic, I'm hitting a 4" plate at 100 yards. More money doesn't always equate to accuracy.

POOR.

Not just more $$$$. What parts genuinely deserve upgrading and what is fine to be ‘stock’?

The AR platform is kinda the sum of its parts. The mating surface between the upper and lower are important. The BCG, barrel and barrel ext are integral to feeding and accuracy. The gas port, tube/piston and and buffer assembly for cycling.

So trigger, you can skimp on the trigger. And stock I guess. Lol

Back
Top Bottom