• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If You Carry Know Your Laws! (FAQ)

IMHO if the person wants to commit suicide they will. Having a gun is irrelevant for the fact that if they want to commit suicide they will do it no matter what tool it is. If its not a gun then it will be something else. Remember, a gun is only a tool. It still needs a persons brain to operate it. If someone wants to kill somone, kill themselves or anything else they will find another tool to do the job. A gun is just the most efficient tool for the task.

However, I am sorry for your loss

Remember that a percentage of suicidal people also take others lives before their own. So of course we want to do our little part to aid them in making it efficient.
Thanks for your condolence

Again, if someone wants to kill themselves or others then they will. No matter what law is in place. I doubt anyone who wants to be dead is going to worry about if they CAN or CANNOT carry. So you are going to make it illegal for someone who takes a medicine to arm themselves for protection? For what reason? "If we make this law the crazies will not be crazy anymore." Its just unrealistic. The only way you can really control gun violence is to get rid of guns and distroy them. But then the crazies will find something else to kill themselves and others with. Then we will be that more defenseless and we'll have to destroy all the other objects that the crazies use as well.

Laws don't stop people with an agenda. Especially if they don't even care about their own lives.

I was talking with a woman at work not long ago and firearms came up. She said she hates them, when I asked why, she said her cousin committed suicide with one. I informed her it wasnt the guns fault and while it may sound callous(?) I was glad he used a firearm to do it. Someone I knew had recently committed suicide and used a rope!It was very unpleasant and wasnt quick. At least with the firearm, they dont even hear it go off. And like what has been said, if its what they want to do, they will do it with whatever means avaliable!

Q: Must I be a Georgia resident to apply?
A: Yes. Military personnel and their families may apply while stationed in Georgia even though their home of record is elsewhere. This requirement of state residency is being challenged in court by GeorgiaCarry.Org.

Anyone know the status of this case? I'm curious because I know of some other states don't require you to be a resident.

OK probably an answer here for this somewhere but I'm not finding it.

I do not have a GWL at this time, coming soon.

I can have my handgun in my car BUT the moment I take it out of my car (not on my property) and carry it I understand I need a license, so here's the question:

In this scenario I am concerned only with the distance traveled between the car, destination and returning to the car.

I do not want to leave my handgun in the car. If I take the magazine / cartridges out of the gun, leave the ammo in the car and place the handgun in a separate box, can I legally carry it to and from the car? This is an unloaded handgun.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Sure, you can even carry a unloaded handgun and ammo in the same box to and from the car. As long as its not loaded and and in a case you are fine.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=126

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126
Possession and carrying a concealed weapon; penalty for violating licensing requirement

(c) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded.

I work for a government agency for the state an they sent out a letter in e-mail that POLICY said no firearms on state property, Not even in the parking lots. But I dont see them doing any searches.

Back
Top Bottom