• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you could take a fishing trip where and for what?

Got a mate with a 40th bday coming up. He's thinkin' 'bout a fishin trip - maybe a half day, all day, or overnight over a couple of days. Probably stateside, and could be anytime between May and November 2013.

Question is: if you could get away for a day to 3 or 4 days to fish, stateside, where would you go, what would you fish for, and what time of year?

He's caught everything from musky to shark to rays to reds to trout to bass to noodlin for catfish. Just poppin the question to learn what places/areas/fish others might go for. Feel free to PM instead of replying here if ya don't want to give up a honey hole. ;)

My two cents..Capn Skip on the Blue Chip Two out of Whale Harbor in Islamorada, FL..My brother and I (him,lol) landed an 8ft Sailfish on 20lb test..and a 30lb wahoo..he's cool as hell and the best

Or a sturgen trip out of nor cal like San Fran would be cool, well that's on my list at least..and peacock bass in south America

Last edited:
Depends on time of year and how far you can travel. For a 5 hour drive from me, you can be landing flounder, reds and snook! God, what a great trip at St. George...But for a local trip, Stripes are hitting now in this cold weather! If you want to go for a great river action trout fishing day, I can either take you or tell you where to go by buford dam...I light them up every time! Bass wise, I know of a few local ponds that are just slap full of 5 + pounders! And catfish/carp wise, well...I can send pics! i have landed 70 + pound cats and carp! Takes longer, but its a blast and you get to camp out!

Oh and albacore out of Santa Barbara out past the channel islands...or what would be a freakin awesome trip would be albacore or tuna out off Catalina on the Channel islands..look that one up for sure..well.. tuna unless the white seabass or yellowtail bite was on..so many fish, so little time

Got a mate with a 40th bday coming up. He's thinkin' 'bout a fishin trip - maybe a half day, all day, or overnight over a couple of days. Probably stateside, and could be anytime between May and November 2013.

Question is: if you could get away for a day to 3 or 4 days to fish, stateside, where would you go, what would you fish for, and what time of year?

He's caught everything from musky to shark to rays to reds to trout to bass to noodlin for catfish. Just poppin the question to learn what places/areas/fish others might go for. Feel free to PM instead of replying here if ya don't want to give up a honey hole. ;)

Venice la definetly but the best tuna time is jan thru march. The tuna start off small but get into the 150 plus range in march. You can "camp" at port edes on floating house boats. Not deluxe accomedations but feels like it after a hard day of catchin. I got a guy if interested.

Hard to beat a good charter trip in the spring out of Destin. Go about 45 miles out and catch big snapper, grouper and the occasional wahoo or sail. My favorite all time is bass fishing in Mexico, been to El Salto, Huites, and Lake Bacccarac, with the latter being my favorite. I gotta guy if your interested in Mexico... Spring is the best time here too.

Back
Top Bottom