• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ignore Thread Option

And it would take a button to do so more comfortably, correct? My point exactly.

Why does that have to ascend to "catering to the demise of self discipline?" I think that's being a little dramatic. All he asked for was to be able to ignore a thread. That's it.

Why do you have to try and make a philosophical issue out of it?

Why does that have to ascend to "catering to the demise of self discipline?" I think that's being a little dramatic. All he asked for was to be able to ignore a thread. That's it.

Why do you have to try and make a philosophical issue out of it?

If you haven't figured out by now that I am very analytical (with no ill harm meant), then I can't help. It's the way I roll. America is to concerned with adding band-aids rather than getting to the root issue and threads like this are nothing more than symptoms of our lack of self discipline. Sorry it sounds harsh or rough.

If you haven't figured out by now that I am very analytical (with no ill harm meant), then I can't help. It's the way I roll. America is to concerned with adding band-aids rather than getting to the root issue and threads like this are nothing more than symptoms of our lack of self discipline. Sorry it sounds harsh or rough.

Now that is disappointing...I thought you were just stirring the pot. ***grin***

It doesn't sound harsh or rough at all, it sounds completely ridiculous. Not everything has to be a "symptom" of some larger issue.

It doesn't sound harsh or rough at all, it sounds completely ridiculous. Not everything has to be a "symptom" of some larger issue.

Actually, everything said, implicated or accomplished is a symptom of our mindset. Why do you think that China and Japan focus so much on building the "mind"?

Convenience does not necessitate a demise of self discipline. I can ignore an individuals posts or put them on ignore. Both accomplish the same goal, one just makes it easier. Putting them on ignore does not mean i lack the discipline to ignore them, it just makes doing so more convenient. I don't lose the self discipline to exercise by driving to work instead of walking, but it's much more convenient.

Convenience does not necessitate a demise of self discipline. I can ignore an individuals posts or put them on ignore. Both accomplish the same goal, one just makes it easier. Putting them on ignore does not mean i lack the discipline to ignore them, it just makes doing so more convenient. I don't lose the self discipline to exercise by driving to work instead of walking, but it's much more convenient.

These words are where my point derives from. Nothing is wrong with general productive efficiency, but as a society we depend too much on easier & more convenient, hence my original post in this thread. Effective decay takes time and I choose not to put my blinders on every day when I get out of bed.

I must say I am really enjoying your posts today, CCW. I love to hear things that other people are afraid to say because of "politeness" or whatever. I'm not as bold. . .

Back
Top Bottom