I'll leave this right here

Wait, which mermaid?
petermermp.PNG
or
download (28).jpg

Ha! What up. Never been on a big boat.......sounds fun.

It's like a big ass floating city. You can eat like 16 hours a day if you wanted to. I find myself actually eating less at the buffet the times we ate there (usually breakfast and lunch) than when we ate in the main dining room.

Most nights I had shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. Last night I had a double on the shrimp cocktail, then had grilled mahi mahi and an order of panko breaded shrimp that the shrimp were huge. Dessert was a piece of diet Apple pie with sugar free ice cream on the side.

Yesterday's breakfast was filet mignon and eggs, fresh fruit platter, corned beef hash, bacon.

Only down side is that there's is no sweet tea. There is unsweetened tea and sugar or fake sweetener, but no real sweet tea. Cokes are $2 each for a can, or buy the bottomless bubbles cup on the first day for $30 and drink all the soft drinks you want. Lemonade, unsweet tea, and water are limitless and free. I drank mostly water, and in the mornings with breakfast it was free Apple, orange and mango/something or other mix juice that was free, just serve yourself

I've got one booked for next year, dang this thread for making me wanna go already......the last cruise I went on beer was 7 bucks a piece so if you like to drink better save up.

I've got one booked for next year, dang this thread for making me wanna go already......the last cruise I went on beer was 7 bucks a piece so if you like to drink better save up.

Yeah I don't know what beer was, but fruity mixed drinks for the woman were 7 or 8 bucks each. But they have a "cheers" program, 15 drinks a day for $60 per person, BUT if both parties in a cabin are over 21, BOTH must buy it. So that's like $300 bucks for a 5 day cruise. But 15 drinks a day should cover most people I would think. I might have some of the numbers off but for the drinkers look into the cheers program.

The only real thing we paid extra for on the ship was the "faster to the fun" program. Which gave added little perks, our cabin was ready immediately as we got on the ship. Our luggage was closest to customs, didn't have to drag it thru the port house there. When it came time to get off the ship it was kinda expedited, was a smaller group to debark instead of an entire side of one floor.

We didn't do any excursions thru the ship, everything was booked on our own. Nassau was the beach, it was at a hotel with a private beach and pool. That was the most expensive, it was $65 per person, which included $40 worth of food and drink. I had a couple beers there since it was already paid for. The amount we paid also included beach chairs and towels, so it wasn't that bad I dint think.

Freeport we went to paradise cove and deadman's reef. That was $35 per person to snorkel booked thru them, booked thru the ship it was $75. They picked us up in a van, took us to the place and had 2 different return times, 12:30 and 2:30 for us, I think those that booked thru the cruise had slightly later return time but not sure.

Yeah excursions on land are cheap but on the boat not so much. Our last curse was the western carribeans and we did the mayan ruins and we saved $200 for our family of 3 cause we booked on shore. Bad thing is if you book on the shore and your not back in time the boat leaves you there but if you book through the boat it waits or charters you tothe nnext stop.

Back
Top Bottom