• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Impending doom feeling

Suffered from anxiety my whole life. Oddly the worst of it is when things are going fine. When shtf does go down I'm good to go and cool as a cucumber but anxiety has a habit of creeping into your brain when you least expect it.
There are techniques for dealing with it. It's not something that just shuts off but it can be handled.
Talking to someone is great advice. Sometimes just giving voice to an issue can relieve some of the stress.
Good luck and God bless.

I'd start by not watching any news, or reading about it either.

Play some music thats relaxing .

Meditate on the good things in life. ;)

Get out with family and breathe the fresh air and enjoy the view ;)
Good advice. After the nov elections I took a month off from news and politics to regroup because all the bad was creeping into my soul and clouding my mind with dark thoughts.
Sometimes taking a break from the overbearing weight of the world crumbling around us can help steel us against the onslaught.

My daughter has epilepsy, she experiences those before a seizure, doctor told her that feeling was mini seizures

Turn off the tv and computer news....its all propaganda.
Go see your doc, get some anti-depressants .....
Valium is yer friend otherwise.

(get a script of some “Fukitall”) :cool-new:

I feel lucky that my brain is wired in a way that is not conducive to depression and anxiety. Rarely do I get those feelings that are to a point of desperation. If I do, it quickly passes. The flip side is that it can sometimes make me a bit cold and lacking empathy. However, I prefer it this way because this world is so ****ed up that it seems every other person is suffering from some sort of depression or anxiety.

Only reason I bring this up is to let OP know that people are wired differently and what he's feeling is not out of the ordinary at all. There is a huge stigma around metal health, unfortunately, and many people, especially men, will not seek any help. Don't be afraid to reach out to someone.

I've had that my whole life. As mentioned earlier, it's the worst when everything is going good. As if I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

What helps me is keeping busy. Have a project on the weekends, work hard, keep your brain working and occupied with something constructive. Get plenty of exercise.

I was fat.and lazy through my 40's and it was bad then. Now that I'm in my 50's, I do some type of workout 7 days a week and this has helped immensely.

I rarely take vacations or a day off because of this.

Back
Top Bottom