• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Informing an Officer that there is a weapon in the car during traffic stop.

I don't inform them if I have a weapon or when the last time I had a bowel movement was. I don't think either case is anybody's business but mine

If they get out of their cruiser, look in their drivers side mirror to fix their hair and adjust their Costa sunglasses before they approach my truck, I will probably tell them just to see their reaction.

My weapon is in a mounted holster in plain sight below the steering wheel (easy and quick access), I have been pulled over with the pistol locked and loaded. I place both hands on the steering wheel (I have been pulled over on a couple of occasions over the past few years) with the drivers window rolled down - I know they can see it when they approach the vehicle. I hand them my CCW permit when I hand them my license, each and every time the officer has been very easy to deal with... I know I don't have to tell the LEO that I am carrying but I like to think that as long as I am legal that they are on my side, I realize that that may not be the case with everyone that I come across but I don't want to be held at gun point by some rookie that has barely fired his/her weapon just because they find ammo or a gun in my vehicle...
They would **** a brick if they looked in mine.
Hate to see how they acted if they saw Soviets! LOL

Back
Top Bottom