• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Initial thoughts on RMR and Jagerwerks

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
I was able to get one of the RMRs from Cabela's but wasnt sure how I was going to go about getting it on the gun. Options were a Brownells slide, but the edges look very sharp or getting it milled by either Battlewerx or Jagerwerks. Ultimately I went with Jager due to price and turnaround time. They had great communication and said that if you send them the optic and any sights they will install for free so I sent them the RMR as well as some Trijicon suppressor night sights. I went with black rears and white fronts as it seems like white rear and front would make the sight picture a little "busy" and I think I made the right choice as well as going with the 6.5 moa dot. The gun feels like it has great balance with the light up front even though the RMR is just a few oz. The setup works great in my RDR OWB holster as well. Will have to do a lot of draw practice to get use to acquiring the dot as it's a big difference getting use to using the dot vs sights.

IMG_20171028_153858_906.jpg

20171028_150633.jpg

IMG_20171028_171242_642.jpg

Looks good!

Thanks. I didnt know this until I got the slide back but as a word of caution if you send in a colored slide you'll be getting it back in black if you dont get it refinished. My slide was NiBx and I didnt get it refinished because when I ask they said they tool black the exposed metal from the milling... obviously they tool black the entire slide. I'll likely be sending the slide back to get some cuts in it and I'll have it refinished then.

You should have used Renatus Arms in Acworth GA that way you are using a local business. $125 for RMR cut on a block slide and they usually discount for local folks.

You should have used Renatus Arms in Acworth GA that way you are using a local business. $125 for RMR cut on a block slide and they usually discount for local folks.

Dont think I've ever heard of Renatus. When I did my research Battlewerx and Jager were the names that constantly came up.

Dont think I've ever heard of Renatus. When I did my research Battlewerx and Jager were the names that constantly came up.
Have heard of them and hear they do great work. The guy that use to cerakote in cumming who was popular but doesn’t anymore spoke highly of them

I’ve checked out several Renatus guns and they’re awesome. My 19 slide is there now getting the works. 100% recommend.

Edited to add a picture of a build they did that’s very similar to how mine will look when finished.
A08798CB-1001-43FD-8CB0-A3B1A1511891.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom