Input on F-150 crew cab

Crew Cab F-150

• Total voters
Definitly suck it up and get the 5.0. I have a 2011 fx4 and its my daily driver. I cant say anything bad about it. I don't know what your price range is, but my cousin has a 2011 lariat 4x4 5.0 for sale with about 60k on it and its like- new clean. He just wants payoff, as he's building a house. PM me for contact info

what's the payoff?

I have a 2006 F150 4.6 hate the 24 valve 5.4 , plugs are a beach. I have 155k on mine and still runs and looks like New. Hate to pay $40k for a new truck , but used ones are going for a premium these days... GLWP

what's the payoff?
The payoff is :

What of the eco boost engine is as poor a design as the 4,6 and 5,4 and 6.0 diesel ???

They were all very very poorly designed

The 4.6 and 5.4 had TWO threads engaged on the spark plugs
When they get some age on the engine. The plugs blow out of the engine stripping the threads

Either that or the plugs that don't blow out break in half when you try to remove them
Leaving half the plug inside the engine

I'd suggest test driving a 5.7 crew max Tundra

Made in Texas with a higher USA material content than the 150

400 HP. I got 14 city 19 hwy with the one I was driving . It was 2wd but someone else way paying for the gas so I didn't drive with any concern for mpg

And the back door is almost twice as long as a 150 rear door
The crewmax back door is 48" long
There's more legroom in the back seat than in the front seat

I have a 2006 F150 4.6 hate the 24 valve 5.4 , plugs are a beach. I have 155k on mine and still runs and looks like New. Hate to pay $40k for a new truck , but used ones are going for a premium these days... GLWP

It's a catch 22. The used 14's/15's are almost as much as a new one. And the used 3V 5.4's are still high teens if you want one with less than 80k on the clock.

I really do love my 03 but need more space. If it was a crew cab, I'd be set for life.

Another fan of the Tundra. They are beasts and hold their value better than anything else out there. More American made than anything else too. Hard to argue with a 400hp motor, a 4.33 rear end, and the reputation to last longer than all the other trucks out there.

Another fan of the Tundra. They are beasts and hold their value better than anything else out there. More American made than anything else too. Hard to argue with a 400hp motor, a 4.33 rear end, and the reputation to last longer than all the other trucks out there.
The odd part is that the one company that doesn't have to worry about CAFE averages
Is the company that has the highest HP --and -- best mpg in a huge pickup

Toyota sells enough small cars and Prius 's that they will be the only company in a few
More years that can have a real V-8 in a pickup
And their 400 HP V-8 gets better mpg than fords tiny turbo Eco boost engine

Just test drive one You will not believe the power . It will flat out haul butt
And sounds fantastic when you wind it up with your foot on the floor , it roars like a rocket

Mine had the adjustable headlights
Little knob on the dash and you could raise and lower the headlight beams

The odd part is that the one company that doesn't have to worry about CAFE averages
Is the company that has the highest HP --and -- best mpg in a huge pickup

Toyota sells enough small cars and Prius 's that they will be the only company in a few
More years that can have a real V-8 in a pickup
And their 400 HP V-8 gets better mpg than fords tiny turbo Eco boost engine

Just test drive one You will not believe the power . It will flat out haul butt
And sounds fantastic when you wind it up with your foot on the floor , it roars like a rocket

Mine had the adjustable headlights
Little knob on the dash and you could raise and lower the headlight beams

I have the 4.6L Tundra V8 with the 4.10 rear end and it's not slouch either. I still get 15-17 mpg in the city (usually 15mpg with winter gas and 16.5-17 with summer gas). I have the adjustable headlights too.

Back
Top Bottom