• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Input on F-150 crew cab

Crew Cab F-150

• Total voters
Nice looking truck. I like the chrome package and nav in the xlt. Sooooo... I wouldn't mind spending the extra. Need an in dash nav. Using my phone's audio nav (not holding it, just listening while it sits on the passenger seat) doesn't really help - I blew by the meeting place for my gun purchase on Friday, TWICE...
The tundra I drive had a fantastic Bluetooth hands free setup
No one that called me while I was driving could tell I was in a vehicle

And the WAZE or Google navi on the phone plays thru the stereo
It lowers the volume of the stereo , plays the nav audio and then goes back to whatever you were listening to

The built in navi stuff is so stupid

The one in my dads expedition uses CDs and ford charges a ton of $ for updated CDs. WAZE is updated daily and free and usually tells me where the speed cops are

I'm currently driving a 3/4 ton 4wd Chevy
Compared to the tundra I was driving
It rides like a dump truck

It's rides almost the same as my sons 75 Chevy
It has squeaks and rattles like you wouldn't believe
My Tundra rides basically the same as the 2012 Ram I had with coils in the rear. Tundra has a leaf rear. Pretty amazing it rides that good with leaf springs. I'll admit, I do have the "offroad" Bilstein shocks that do dampen better. Also, the open C rear helps with ride quality on the Tundra as well. Toyota engineered the hell outta the Tundra and made a great truck. Good to see companies still think outside the box.

The tundra I drive had a fantastic Bluetooth hands free setup
No one that called me while I was driving could tell I was in a vehicle

And the WAZE or Google navi on the phone plays thru the stereo
It lowers the volume of the stereo , plays the nav audio and then goes back to whatever you were listening to

The built in navi stuff is so stupid

The one in my dads expedition uses CDs and ford charges a ton of $ for updated CDs. WAZE is updated daily and free and usually tells me where the speed cops are

What year Tundra? I have the hands-free blue tooth on my 2013 but have never paired my phone to my truck. Never thought to use my GPS through the blue tooth.

What year Tundra? I have the hands-free blue tooth on my 2013 but have never paired my phone to my truck. Never thought to use my GPS through the blue tooth.
Was a '12

Sometimes you gotta get away from any other phones Bluetooth range to pair it

If the truck senses more than one it won't pair either one

I usually played my iTunes or streamed I heart radio thru the Bluetooth

Very nice setup
You hit the button on the steering wheel and skip a song
sound system was awesome

Got another button on the wheel answer the phone

And the wheel is the perfect diameter texture
And dish so you can drive with one hand
And use your palm to spin it without hitting the airbag

Needs helper air springs in the back if you tow. But other than that it's almost a perfect truck

Love the rear window that lowers down so you can haul long lumber or pipe
I can throw a old jacket or towel on the dash and get 10 feet of pipe inside and that only leaves about 3 feet hanging over the tailgate

And the tailgate has a shock absorber so you just unlatch it and it gently drops down

Mine had he bucket seats and console in he front
And the shifter and six speed trans was nice
Pull it back to D and flop it to the left notch and it would hold in fourth gear and you rock it forward or back to pick what gear you want

Console is big enough to hold a laptop computer and close the lid

There's a couple of design quirks. But overall it's the best pickup I've ever driven ,
Light years ahead of a ford or Chevy , don't have any experience with fiat dodge or the Titan

And you won't see Toyota dealers running radio ads offering $10K off MSRP

they don't have tondo that to sell them like ford Chevy and dodge do

I bought a xlt in September of last year. It's a 2wd though, 5.0 with column shift and a massive console. I love it so far.
_20150920_190021.JPG

Back
Top Bottom