• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Interchangable Hitch Ball

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
I've got an older 4x4 with lift and big tires. Recently put a receiver on it and need to get a drop hitch for it to pull my trailers and them be level. As luck would have it I have 3 trailers and all three require different size hitch balls. I was thinking about getting an interchangeable hitch ball vs having to get three different receiver hitches or constantly change balls on one hitch. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of the interchangeable hitches on the market, if there were any that you would recommend using, or suggest steering clear of?

Thanks in advance for your input.

How often do you change them out? The cost of those Rube Goldberg receiver hitches are significantly more expensive than just having one, a couple of different balls, and taking a few minutes to switch them. Not to mention that they give you more stuff to bark your shins on...

I had a tangental problem, the same trailer & ball size, but I need to flip the hitch over to go from low car to taller truck. But I use my trailer infrequently, so it was tolerable to futz with it.

If they all ride about the same height, I would look at changing the coupler on the smaller ones to the larger size.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom