• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting compact AR drum mag

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Beta Mags are freaking huge but this thing looks reasonable.
www.xs-products.com
Check out the x-15 unit, they also have skeletonized versions so you can see the ammo, and versions for other guns

i44.tinypic.com_fx4bup.jpg

i40.tinypic.com_241a436.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a copy of the HK 7.62 drum, scaled down.

I believe it is. Their first designs in .308 were exact copies of the H&K model. Handled one of their first production models and a little rougher then the H&K one I have handled, haven't heard any reports on hard use from people I trust though. General response is its like a Beta mag, neat, cool range toy, not much use after that though. Considering I have an old Beta Mag I'll back up that remark on the Beta mags, neat, cool, but pretty useless otherwise. As far as the drum, it would have to get down in price to the level of the Surefire 60 Rounder or less and show similar or better reliability for it to take off, otherwise I see it like the Beta mag, range toy and limited application.

I'm not sure about that one but the betas run great. I guess the economy is in the toilet when you start downsizing your car to save gas and downsizing your drum to save ammo. If you're gonna weight one down you might as well go with a beta twin drum and 100 rounds. I've heard it said that "If you can't run with the big dog stay on the porch":D

I love my beta.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom