• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting fish cleaning method

Looks good! What's with the helmets in the video? did they ride out on snowmobiles and just feel the need to include them in the pics?

Most people who don't fry their fish wear helmets. All day.
AND lick winders!

(just kidding - some of the best fish I have eaten was smoked!)

Looks good! What's with the helmets in the video? did they ride out on snowmobiles and just feel the need to include them in the pics?
Same reason many people include knives or anything else when showing pics of guns; they love attention and will try to get it any way possible. Online socializing and attention whoring.
There's also the non-descriptive title

Pretty cool. Yep, have to try it.
I could see from a distance some "not from 'round here's" cleaning trout on the Hooch in about 10 seconds. Not sure how they were doing it but I had a parade of skins floating by me (they were upstream).
Growing up I saw people who would take whole (gutted) fried bream and grab the tail and head and 'push' them together and all the meat would fall off leaving the skeleton. Wish I knew how that works.

Pretty cool. Yep, have to try it.
I could see from a distance some "not from 'round here's" cleaning trout on the Hooch in about 10 seconds. Not sure how they were doing it but I had a parade of skins floating by me (they were upstream).
Growing up I saw people who would take whole (gutted) fried bream and grab the tail and head and 'push' them together and all the meat would fall off leaving the skeleton. Wish I knew how that works.
Some people are just gifted in the art of fish cleaning. I'm usually in a hurry and butcher them. But this technique actually worked just like the video on bluegill. I'm anxious to try it on some bass and crappie, I might have scaled my last fish.

Some people are just gifted in the art of fish cleaning. I'm usually in a hurry and butcher them. But this technique actually worked just like the video on bluegill. I'm anxious to try it on some bass and crappie, I might have scaled my last fish.
I gotta' try it on trout.

Back
Top Bottom