• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Internet going down for a few months.

This is a process that's been going on for far longer than a decade.

A city-dweller in 1930 could only survive back then being at the consumer-end of a logistics chain that was almost as complex then as it is now. It was a chain based on different technologies, but it was still outside his ability to replicate if it disappeared, so if, for example, electricity or gasoline supply stopped, he'd have been just as screwed.

A rural dweller in 1880 would have been nearly as screwed if some disaster had wiped out 95% of the horses.

We live in what is now called "The Information Age". Not because it's the most advanced feature of our society, it's because data is what defines our culture. Eliminate data, or at least the means to distribute it, and society will necessarily change.

‘Could’…. ‘Possible’….. ‘10 percent chance’…. .next 10 years’….

don’t think I’ll lie awake worrying
Scratch off tickets aren't much better odds and I still buy one every couple of weeks and win often enough to keep playing. This isn't very reassuring. :lol:

Just think we would probably only lose internet for a year or so before it got back up and running. Let's quit being negative Nancy's. In one years time the cities which house most of our Democrat voters will have purged themselves. The great reset may be what's needed for this country to see another 200 years with any hope for the future.

Scratch off tickets aren't much better odds and I still buy one every couple of weeks and win often enough to keep playing. This isn't very reassuring. :lol:
Maybe one day you will hit a big payout….
…the same day the internet goes down and your ticket info is lost in the system.

Back
Top Bottom