• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Invest" in Current CCW vs New CCW

Which one? (You can select multiples if you feel you want to)

• Buy night sights and weapon light for current CCW

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Buy S&W J-Frame

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Bypass is a dick/ Tacos/ Chicken and Legos for good measure :)

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
Okay guys just looking for opinions here.

First off let it be known that as of now my CCW is my ONLY defensive firearm, period. Money got tight and I got down to just the one.

Ok so I am debating on either investing in my current CCW or using the same amount of cash to buy another CCW

Right now my Gen4 Glock 21 is my only defensive firearm and I love it. It's my everyday conceal carry, it's my home defense gun, it's my plinker, and it is even my "hunting rifle".

I used to always carry my guns with a light in them so I am used to it in size and what not. So should I either buy night sights and the surefire x300 for my glock 21, or I am considering using that same money to buy me a small used S&W J-frame. I have had many before and I love how you can throw them in your pocket and go, I already have the holsters, ammo, speedloaders etc so that is of no concern. Also if I get a jframe I would probably carry it on conjunction with my primary on my ankle as I am used to that already.

I am engaged and soon to be married, so I wouldn't mind having another pistol for my soon to be wife although she wouldn't be able to carry for about a year or so.

So vote and explain your reasoning below.

go with the smith. you can cc it easier in the summer than the g21 if you are dressed light, the wife to be can carry it, you already have the extras for it, and you will get more use out of it than a flashlight and night sights

I had to vote for neither of the above (sorry Bypass). I agree that 2 guns are better than 1, but a J-frame would not be my first choice for a second gun. I'm thinking a compact .45 of some sort. On the other hand, I understand that having all of the J-frame accessories already makes a difference in the decision making.

go with the smith. you can cc it easier in the summer than the g21 if you are dressed light, the wife to be can carry it, you already have the extras for it, and you will get more use out of it than a flashlight and night sights

This is the way I am leaning for sure, just miss the light. Does it get much use? Nope, but its a comforting factor knowing it is there when and if I need it.

Beware of the man with only one gun.

Streamlight 69240 TLR-4 Compact Rail Mounted Tactical Light with Laser Sight by Streamlight
$112.99- Amazon

I just bought this for my new M&P45 and I like it. The two guns are so different. If you can cc the 21 stick with that

Back
Top Bottom